739 business rows

Old May 31, 19, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Ppro, Hilton Gold
739 business rows

Flying on a 739 from ATH to AMS tomorrow. Currently in row 4. According to seatguru, business is rows 1-7 but according to the KL seating chart for my flight, itís only rows 1-3. Is this just an inaccurate seatmap thatís Seatguru has?
Old May 31, 19, 3:18 am

All 73X aircraft have a movable curtain, the size of J is determined based on the need and usually gets changed around T-72 to T-48
Old May 31, 19, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Ppro, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
All 73X aircraft have a movable curtain, the size of J is determined based on the need and usually gets changed around T-72 to T-48
Ah, got it. Thanks, good to know.
Old May 31, 19, 4:33 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
...yes, usually it is the other way around. Until T-72 or so only one row of Economy comfort is available (that is the bizz seats that have more space, but sold as Economy comfort with all 3 seats occupied. Often you see there are more Economy comfort seats available as initially when you are closer to the flight date.
Old Jun 1, 19, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by atflyer View Post
...yes, usually it is the other way around. Until T-72 or so only one row of Economy comfort is available (that is the bizz seats that have more space, but sold as Economy comfort with all 3 seats occupied. Often you see there are more Economy comfort seats available as initially when you are closer to the flight date.
That's the default configuration for the 737/738 as they only have 6 rows with extra leg space, the 739 have 10 of those, I only ever flew it to TLV where they use a fixed configuration of 6 J rows no matter what so not sure what would be the typical configuration otherwise. (I'm guessing 7J rows as per the KLM website seatmap and reduced based on capacity at T-72)
Old Jun 1, 19, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
not sure what would be the typical configuration otherwise. (I'm guessing 7J rows as per the KLM website seatmap and reduced based on capacity at T-72)
I regularly take a 739 CPH-AMS.

You are right, the default configuration is seven rows of J and three of EC until T-72. At that point J almost invariably shrinks, often to the minimum of two rows.

Johan

Search this Thread