No more free Economy Comfort in 2020 for platinum (unconfirmed)?

Old May 20, 19, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
No more free Economy Comfort in 2020 for platinum (unconfirmed)?

Just booked Economy tickets for me and smaller Guggenheimer to New York. And in 2020 you ainít getting the Economy Comfort for free anymore as a Plat. Is that policy or a glitch? Letís hope the latter for KLM because then when flying in Economy will become something I will do more often in a not so blue plane...

Last edited by Gajan; May 21, 19 at 6:34 am Reason: change of title to make it more clear
Old May 20, 19, 4:51 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer View Post
Just booked Economy tickets for me and smaller Guggenheimer to New York. And in 2020 you ainít getting the Economy Comfort for free anymore as a Plat. Is that policy or a glitch? Letís hope the latter for KLM because then when flying in Economy will become something I will do more often in a not so blue plane...
Just tried a dummy booking - EC was still free. Just as well - I would also be booking elsewhere more often if this benefit disappeared.
Old May 20, 19, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer View Post
Just booked Economy tickets for me and smaller Guggenheimer to New York. And in 2020 you ainít getting the Economy Comfort for free anymore as a Plat.

How much are they charging you?
Old May 20, 19, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Ä80 per leg.

will post picture later as I am unable to upload from my iPhone.
Old May 20, 19, 7:10 am

Programs: Skyteam, Oneworld
Maybe route dependent but as a Plat for Life it was practically impossible for me to book a free Economy Comfort isle seat as it was always not available/fully booked. However, if ticket booked via website without filling in FF number, suddenly these Economy Comfort seats are available to purchase...... KLM probably used platinum members to fill the middle Economy Comfort seats if they could not sell them. Hence, I never let KLM know when purchasing tickets that I am a frequent flyer and always pay for my Economy Comfort seat. I always claim back and until now, after some weeks, I get my Eurs back from KLM.
Old May 20, 19, 7:53 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Gold
Never had problems selecting EC seats while logged in as Plat.
skycruiserNL likes this.
Old May 20, 19, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Surely a glitch. I would recommend you ask the mods to change the title of your thread to say "unconfirmed"
Old May 20, 19, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Surely a glitch. I would recommend you ask the mods to change the title of your thread to say "unconfirmed"
I edited the title. Thanks you where right. I have send KL a message asking for an explanation.

I am in GPS now and are not able to upload a picture.
Old May 28, 19, 4:19 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Glitch

I checked with Flying Blue, it is a glitch. No plans to reduce EC eligibility for Platinums.
glennhaak, Carel1, PeteM01 and 2 others like this.
Old May 30, 19, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Got a reply from KLM itís indeed a glitch. Yet I can not select seat yet. But good news that we keep our Ďvaluedí perk.

Search this Thread