Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

sucess with DL GUC's on KL with empty WBC seats, yet zero upgrade space?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR, HH, DL, ALK

I am curious if anyone has successfully convinced KL to clear space to upgrade if there are empty World Business Class seats so that a Delta Global Upgrade Cert can be processed within a few hours of departure? DL GUCs upgrade into Z space, so even if there are empty seats in I or D, for example, DL cannot clear the upgrade without someone from KL clearing space.

After posting, I also found this thread in the DL forum which appears to address the question at least in part: KLM GUC Questions

Last edited by Seattlite; Apr 9, 2019 at 3:58 pm
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you look at the T&C's? Seems pretty clear they can't be cleared on day of departure.

Upgrade reservations on Air France or KLM operated, Korean Air operated and Aeromexico operated flights must be booked by Delta a minimum of one day before the departure.

Waitlist is not available on Air France, KLM, Aeromexico, Korean Air or Virgin Atlantic operated flights.

Airport standby is not available on Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Korean Air or Aeromexico operated flights as well as Delta operated flights originating from AMS and CDG.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR, HH, DL, ALK
Originally Posted by LBJ
Did you look at the T&C's? Seems pretty clear they can't be cleared on day of departure.
LBJ, That does not answer my question. I asked if anyone has had success.

Based on the other thread I found, it sounds at least one person has gotten Z space cleared and make it all work. Many of us that know DL and KLM well enough realize that human intervention, not T&Cs, can sometimes make the difference. HUCA is a tried and true way to find someone who cares and who might be able to help.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Points upgrades come out of O space, GUC's come from a different fare bucket and usually have more spots available.

They MIGHT make an exception when you're platinum as those support team members seem have a bit more power then their counterparts at the regular support desk. But I wouldn't count on it.
Generally more reward space opens up when closer to departure and still a lot of seats open (3-4 weeks)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.