KLM cancellations

Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

KLM cancellations

KLM appear to have cancelled all their flights between AMS and NBO this week. No explanation has been offered. Does anyone know the reason? I was due to fly tomorrow NBO - AMS. Through my travel agent, I have been re-routed via Dar es Salaam but the seating available is inferior to what I originally had in Economy Comfort (I am Platinum for Life).

Any suggestions as to what I can do?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aircraft shortage.

The KL flights have been taken over by KQ with a 787 instead of a 747. That means fewer seats, so some pax will be rerouted.

Why they would pick on a PFL is a good question.

Johan
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Two routes are affected by a shortage of 787 and 777. SkyTeam partners are helping out: https://insideflyer.nl/klm-komt-vlie...schieten-hulp/
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Wow, the DL 767 to replace a KL 777 to ATL? Poor passengers in business class, I do assume KL will have some compensation coming.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mfkne
Wow, the DL 767 to replace a KL 777 to ATL? Poor passengers in business class, I do assume KL will have some compensation coming.
I agree with you for the disappointment and subpar product for DL767 vs KL B777, but I dont think there will be any compensation. The only goodwill eventually proposed would be to change for free to another flight. But this will not be systematic.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Why they would pick on a PFL is a good question.
If someone has put up with 10 consecutive years of AFKL and FB shenanigans, then they have (rightly) concluded that these particular customers are impervious to any and all kinds of shoddy treatment; therefore, they make the perfect Patsies on whom to poop.

(Sort of like the companies who offer the best deals to the "churning" customers, but continue to charge their longstanding customers the highest rates!!!)
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mfkne
I believe I read somewhere else that they will ensure these customers get still get the Delft blue house?

Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
This has really not been my week with KLM.

Originally booked YVR-AMS-DXB and then AMS-DXB-YVR, in J.

36h prior to departure from YVR, got a proactive call from DL (whom I booked with) that theyd downguaged YVR-AMS, offering $1000 to rebook me YVR-YYZ-DXB arriving around the same time. As I live in SEA, I asked for SEA-AMS-DXB and return, which I was granted.

Annoying, but it worked in my favor.

Just now, as Im in the UAE, got an email that my KL DXB-AMS is canceled completely. Looks like Im being rebooked on EK (which is unfortunately a 777). Annoying, but the only other option seems to be to connect in CDG and do the USA-bound leg in a 767.

I tried to get the DXB-SEA direct, but nobody would go for that.

Not a great experience.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Depending on when the passenger received notice and the timings, passengers may be entitled to EC 261/2004 compensation of as much as EUR 600. Those simply flying on what they may see as a less appealing aircraft are not entitled to any compensation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.