Unable to see XP and points in some bookings

Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Plat, BA Bronze
Unable to see XP and points in some bookings

Has anyone had any issues with not being able to see the XP awarded for future bookings. I have 4 booking all booked via TA and 2 i can see them fine and 2 not. It's the same in the app and the website. Customer service were no help.

Anyone any idea who could fix it, or advise why its happening

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I have the issue too. Hopefully, it's just temporary.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
What is the ticket stock for the bookings?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
What is the ticket stock for the bookings?
All KL 074
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
So you booked all 4 trips with the same TA and only some are showing miles / XP earnings on KLM website? Like all 4 bookings are same fare code, KL coded etc.?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
So you booked all 4 trips with the same TA and only some are showing miles / XP earnings on KLM website? Like all 4 bookings are same fare code, KL coded etc.?
Correct,
Destinations MXP and AUH are shown, but IAH and GIG aren't.

The only commonality seem to be the transatlantic portion and this has held true of other bookings i've had.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I can't see XP and miles value for future bookings, only past bookings, which I think is as intended, since you don't credited if you miss the flight. (I booked directly with airlline so TA shouldn't make a difference)

XP value is super easy to caclulate yourself. Go to https://www.flyingblue.co.uk/en/programme#xp for a quick summary. You can rack up XP fast by using connecting flights. For example, EU to EU return flight with connection in AMS (4 flights) is 20xp in Y and 60xp in J, so half way to silver with 1 eurotrip. This is regardless of your booking fare.

Miles value on the other hand, seems arbitrary and random. They say 4-8x (depending on FB status) the price of fare, but I have booked with OTA in the past and it was cut to a ludicrously low amount, around 3x. You could go to KLM.com and do a mock search for your trip, as the website gives you a miles estimate for your trip (assume you get the lowest fare)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
I can't see XP and miles value for future bookings, only past bookings, which I think is as intended, since you don't credited if you miss the flight. (I booked directly with airlline so TA shouldn't make a difference)

XP value is super easy to caclulate yourself. Go to https://www.flyingblue.co.uk/en/programme#xp for a quick summary. You can rack up XP fast by using connecting flights. For example, EU to EU return flight with connection in AMS (4 flights) is 20xp in Y and 60xp in J, so half way to silver with 1 eurotrip. This is regardless of your booking fare.

Miles value on the other hand, seems arbitrary and random. They say 4-8x (depending on FB status) the price of fare, but I have booked with OTA in the past and it was cut to a ludicrously low amount, around 3x. You could go to KLM.com and do a mock search for your trip, as the website gives you a miles estimate for your trip (assume you get the lowest fare)
Its the future bookings, some i can see, some i can't and i'm trying to understand why. I know i can work out the XP, but the miles i'm more interested as my flights could be changed 2-3 times sometimes, so i would have to dig pretty hard to figure out how much i actually spent on the original fare, new fares, change fee's etc..
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:14 am
Original Poster

I finally have an answer from from customer service..... Apprently if they are booked through a TA and they have booked a tour operators fare then your miles are based on a portion of the miles, not the amount spent. But they don;t have visabilty until the segments are flown.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.