IAD Lounge Access?

Old Feb 21, 19, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
IAD Lounge Access?

So, we have a weird cacophony of mixed itineraries all revolving around IAD. Our outbound flight last week to NBO was originally on KLM, but due to some issue with the 789 IAD>AMS we got bumped to AF, which turned out great because we were able to take advantage of a J to La Premiere buy-up, which was AWESOME. Since the AF Lounge is down we were able to use the Etihad Lounge in terminal A.

Now we’re back and just arrived at IAD from AMS in J. Does that get us into the Etihad Lounge? If not, we’re flying F on DL to home, but I assume DL flyers get to pound sand at IAD when it comes to Lounge access?

In this instance — arriving KLM J and departing DL F — is there any lounge access?

Old Feb 21, 19, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL PM
Since you are asking about KLM J, I was thinking the KLM rules would be applicable. According to the KLM Crown Lounge web site, "...customers can use the Virgin Atlantic lounge" during the Air France lounge construction at IAD.
KLM lounge locations
Whether this will this actually work, I have no idea.
Old Feb 21, 19, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Well, Etihad is for J/F AF only. KLM can use Virgin, but *only* for departures — no arrivals.

DL F pax are SOL for any Lounge at IAD as of this moment.
Old Feb 21, 19, 6:57 pm

If you can use the virgin lounge, I was there a few months ago and it was one of the best lounges I have ever been to. Food was great, and service was amazing.
Old Feb 22, 19, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
When flying DL domestic F, as part of an international connection, it was possible to use the AF Lounge. During the renovation, it’s surely not the EY lounge (I doubt DL will pay EY). You should definitely try to go to the VS lounge, knowing the links between DL and VS. Not sure it will work, but it worths a try. Please tell us.
Old Feb 22, 19, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
When flying DL domestic F, as part of an international connection, it was possible to use the AF Lounge. During the renovation, it’s surely not the EY lounge (I doubt DL will pay EY). You should definitely try to go to the VS lounge, knowing the links between DL and VS. Not sure it will work, but it worths a try. Please tell us.
We tried to access the VS lounge in A, but were denied. We arrived on KLM J tix and were connecting to DL F. VS agent said Lounge is for departures only and domestic DL F have no VS access.

We were able to use the VS lounge on an outbound AF La Premiere flight a couple weeks ago. In fact, they cordoned off the upstairs just for us so we didn’t have to risk defilement by lowly business class shleps.
glennhaak likes this.

Search this Thread