Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Refund Times?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Award Ticket Refund Times?

Aloha all. I booked a ticket with miles LHR - AMS - YYZ for a flight in May. Two tickets for my wife and myself. Over Christmas we decided we weren't going to make it to Europe after all, so I went to the KLM website and went to the "my reservations" page and it tells me to submit the form to get a refund. Submitted the form on January 3rd..........nothing for a Month. Re-submitted the form on February 1st........now it's the 13th and nothing's been refunded, not even an email from KLM saying we're "working on it" or anything. Is this normal?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
No this doesn't seem normal. Was it a regular award (refundable) or a Promo Award (which is unfortunately not refundable)?

You might want to try to get in touch with KLM through Facebook, this seems to offer better results and speed things up
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Standard award. I contacted KLM through FB, they told me to call. DOH! What's the use of having the ability to chat if you can't help via chat, worthless! :-)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by LiquidHonesty
Standard award. I contacted KLM through FB, they told me to call. DOH! What's the use of having the ability to chat if you can't help via chat, worthless! :-)
KLM/AF != Flying Blue, and while the social media team they can help with most aspects, sometimes it's better to call Flying Blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.