Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S to Brussels Air/Train legs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy U.S to Brussels Air/Train legs

There is a similar thread that I've read regarding skipping a leg of a Train/Air booking, however it refers to flights run by Air France and is CDG/Brussels Train leg. I need current experience with KLM. I fly to AMS and then train to Brussels with a round trip ticket. Can I pick up my train tickets at AMS and then skip the train ride to Brussels? Does someone really scan or punch the train tickets when I am on the train, and will someone ask to see those when I am checking in on my return flight? I know that I will have to be in Brussels to take the train to return to AMS for my return flight, since I need to pick up tickets at the train station for my return flight. If your answer is that I have to board the train, then will it be possible to get off in Rotterdam, without repercussions? It is the Thayls train, and I already checked the route. I am hoping that I don't have to add many more travel hours after my 11 hour flight, when I planned to spend the first portion of my short 1 week vacation in the Netherlands!
Thanks! Waiting to see if I need to change my first nights lodging!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Thalys has assigned seats in both classes of service, so in principle they can flag you as a no-show if you do not take the assigned train. The Intercity Brussel, on the other hand, is non-reserved, so if you can book on that there should be no repercussions if you skip the leg.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
You can book Thalys tickets from Schiphol to Rotterdam, see.https://www.thalys.com/nl/nl I never did it, but so I guess leaving the Thalys in Rotterdam should not be a problem. And yes, if you have the regular international train that is non reserved - you can in essence take any train on the day you have a ticket and it happens the ticket is not checked. So particularly with the international train, provided you pick up your train ticket, if you do not take it I can't see how KLM should discover that as a no show on an intermediate leg.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by atflyer
You can book Thalys tickets from Schiphol to Rotterdam, see.https://www.thalys.com/nl/nl I never did it, but so I guess leaving the Thalys in Rotterdam should not be a problem.
Thalys tickets are not always checked between Schiphol and Rotterdam; they often check everyone between Rotterdam and Antwerp, so leaving the Thalys in Rotterdam may not be the best of all plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.