FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Where to credit DL marketed KL operated flight in Z? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1953004-where-credit-dl-marketed-kl-operated-flight-z.html)

rj123456 Jan 25, 2019 9:17 pm

Where to credit DL marketed KL operated flight in Z?

I flew a deeply discounted business class (class Z) fare sold by Delta (Ticket number is 006...)
The flight was operated by KLM (AMS-SFO DL 9380).

According to wheretocredit.com, Delta flights earn 200% in Flying Dutchman and KL flights earn 4 miles/EUR. KL flights in Z credit to Alitalia at 200% and Korean at 125%. I'm a member of both and AF Flying Blue (but not KL Flying Dutchman).

Similarly DL in Z earns 5 miles per USD.

I have no idea what the fare for the AMS-SFO segment was but it's part of a longer itinerary for which the total fare was ~ USD 2200 so that segment can't be more than $500 or so, so would earn only ~2,500 miles if credited to Delta (and possibly KL).

Which program will net me the most miles for this segment?

Sjondorn Jan 26, 2019 12:14 am

Both AF and KL are using Flying Blue. DL9380 will earn 125% miles for Z for Ivory (225% miles for Platinum) in FB. Usually a good pick for discounted premium fares.

MSPeconomist Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am

Originally Posted by rj123456 (Post 30701893)
I flew a deeply discounted business class (class Z) fare sold by Delta (Ticket number is 006...)
The flight was operated by KLM (AMS-SFO DL 9380).

According to wheretocredit.com, Delta flights earn 200% in Flying Dutchman and KL flights earn 4 miles/EUR. KL flights in Z credit to Alitalia at 200% and Korean at 125%. I'm a member of both and AF Flying Blue (but not KL Flying Dutchman).

Similarly DL in Z earns 5 miles per USD.

I have no idea what the fare for the AMS-SFO segment was but it's part of a longer itinerary for which the total fare was ~ USD 2200 so that segment can't be more than $500 or so, so would earn only ~2,500 miles if credited to Delta (and possibly KL).

Which program will net me the most miles for this segment?

Can we assume that you don't have a chance of elite status in any program and are only interested in redeemable miles?

As noted above, AF and KLM (and IIRC Kenya) are all in FB now. You probably should check that your previous account is still open to avoid crediting miles into a black hole. You might need to open a new FB account if the old AF account has been inactive for too long.

Be careful that you don't have miles scattered over too many programs. It's hard to get much value from orphan miles.

rj123456 Jan 27, 2019 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30702257)
Can we assume that you don't have a chance of elite status in any program and are only interested in redeemable miles?

As noted above, AF and KLM (and IIRC Kenya) are all in FB now. You probably should check that your previous account is still open to avoid crediting miles into a black hole. You might need to open a new FB account if the old AF account has been inactive for too long.

Be careful that you don't have miles scattered over too many programs. It's hard to get much value from orphan miles.

Yes, no realistic chance of elite status. I have a temporary (status match) on DL to Pt. In hindsight I should have purchased this ticket on Priceline or Expedia where all the flights were KL marketed in which case I would have gotten Skymiles at a decent rate. But I ended up buying through delta.com where the flights had DL numbers.

I'm going to be stuck with the orphan mile problem since earning 8 miles/$ is not a very worthwhile option on this fare.

Originally Posted by Sjondorn (Post 30702245)
Both AF and KL are using Flying Blue. DL9380 will earn 125% miles for Z for Ivory (225% miles for Platinum) in FB. Usually a good pick for discounted premium fares.

Yes, thanks. The FlyingBlue website specifically mentions DL marketed and Skyteam operated flights as earning 125% in Z.

Alitalia says flights operated by Delta earn 150% for Z; and flights operated by KLM earn 200% in Z.