KLM Itinerary Schedule Change

Old Dec 3, 18, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

KLM Itinerary Schedule Change

Hi all,
I booked a one-way return for my honeymoon in July, 2019 from ZNZ-NBO-AMS-SFO using Chase UR pts. It's a KLM ticket but with Kenya Airways operating the initial flight from ZNZ-NBO. I just received an alert that the ZNZ-NBO flight had a schedule change and now leaves at 3:40a the next day vs originally scheduled at 9:45p. This will cause me to miss my next flight out of NBO-AMS on KLM. I called Chase and KLM and neither said they could help without fully canceling my whole itinerary and re-booking which will cost me a lot more UR pts or a totally different itinerary back. I have 2 questions:

1. Is this a glitch that should get fixed, has this ever happened with someone else involving Kenya Airways? My flight is 6 months away so I can wait but am worried if I do so that the cost will only go up if I have to re-book
2. Can I cancel the initial flight from ZNZ-NBO but keep the rest of the itinerary on KLM and then just pay my own way from ZNZ-NBO?
Old Dec 3, 18, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A belated welcome to FT, jbm13.

There are a couple of answers to your question in the identical thread you started in the African airlines forum. As you are a new poster, you may not be aware of this yet but we try to avoid cross-posting (i.e. starting duplicate threads in different forums) on Flyertalk.
arjen05 likes this.

Search this Thread