FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Mileage Credit for AMS - DPS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1941932-mileage-credit-ams-dps.html)

DCAhome Nov 23, 2018 2:46 pm

Mileage Credit for AMS - DPS

In January, I'm flying KLM from AMS-DPS, which has a short stop in SIN.

Is the mileage credit calculated as AMS-SIN-DPS, or is it only AMS-DPS?

Goldorak Nov 23, 2018 3:47 pm

It is based on AMS-DPS (single flight number, so-called direct flight).

NickB Nov 23, 2018 4:39 pm

In any event, under the new system it will be calculated on the basis of the fare so the routing becomes irrelevant for FB mileage (but for XPs, it is correct that AMS-DPS will count as just one segment notwithstanding the stop in SIN).

DCAhome Nov 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 30460028)
In any event, under the new system it will be calculated on the basis of the fare so the routing becomes irrelevant for FB mileage (but for XPs, it is correct that AMS-DPS will count as just one segment notwithstanding the stop in SIN).

Thanks for the fast reply. I’m actually crediting this to Delta, so all the calculations will be mileage based.

MSPeconomist Nov 23, 2018 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by DCAhome (Post 30460389)

Thanks for the fast reply. I’m actually crediting this to Delta, so all the calculations will be mileage based.

DL will count miles (for MQMs) for the direct flight as if it were a nonstop. You'll also get one MQS, not two.

atflyer Nov 24, 2018 6:01 am

Sometimes you can work around this by moving in SIN to another flight to DPS, typically a Garuda KL codeshare. Can be even cheaper sometimes. It may cost you a slightly longer wait, but gains in the FB system another 5 XP if you are economy since then you have 2 separate flights. Not sure if this works with Delta.

NickB Nov 24, 2018 6:15 am

Originally Posted by DCAhome (Post 30460389)

In that case, it is really a question for the Delta forum rather than this one (but the answer would be the same anyway: intermediate stops for the same flight with the same flight number are ignored).

DCAhome Nov 24, 2018 7:11 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 30461127)
In that case, it is really a question for the Delta forum rather than this one (but the answer would be the same anyway: intermediate stops for the same flight with the same flight number are ignored).

Nice help everyone. I appreciate the quick replies and advice. I've been tracking this one closely since it should provide a good bump to my Delta status.

Reload Dec 10, 2018 5:23 am

I'm doing the same flight in May with the long haired General in J but due to wanting to maximise my XP to bump up to Gold FB status we're flying AMS-CDG, CDG-SIN on AF Metal, then SIN-DPS with KL. Cost was a bit more (few more miles) and journey time is exended by about 4 hours but XP earnt is 132 as opposed to 72 flying on a single airframe.