Wiki Posts
Search

KLM - Air France

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:47 am
Original Poster

KLM - Air France

EDI-AMS-MRS with KLM.

EDI-AMS flight delayed because inbound plane delayed at AMS "Our records show that the aircraft due to serve as your flight from Edinburgh was delayed on its inward journey from Amsterdam, owing to a baggage reconciliation after a customer who had checked in failed to present themselves at the gate."

KLM rebooked me on later flight (8hrs later). On arrival at AMS I got to the gate before it was closed but was denied boarding because my luggage had been booked on later flight.

KLM maintain - "As the cause of the disruption was external to KLM the circumstances should be regarded as extraordinary under the terms of the EU261 legislation you refer to, which relieves the airline of its obligation to pay the compensation you seek."

Your advices re KLM's stance? They have provided vouchers of Ł100 for each of myself and my partner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.