KLM (& partners) celebrate the World party - Private Invitation

Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
KLM (& partners) celebrate the World party - Private Invitation

Yesterday I received an e-mail from the CEO of KLM, Mr. Harm Kreulen, with a private invitation for an event/party being held at Schiphol East, in a hangar on December 9, 2018.
No times were given, but they want me to RSVP, also if I bring guests.

Anyone else here who got the invite? Because some of my friends (also Platinums) did not receive the invitation, so there must have been made a selection.

Anyone with more information about the event? At least (an) aircraft(s) will be there since a visit to the cockpit and cargo hold is being talked about. Aside from that they mention about a trip around the world, mainly food, sports, dance/music and cultures.

I'm curious to know what I can expect
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: FB plat for life
Seems to be for Amex/FB clients....see below

Geachte heer XXXX,

Op zaterdag 8 december a.s. organiseren KLM en American Express samen met een aantal belangrijke partners een speciale dag voor hun meest loyale klanten. Graag nodigen wij u daarom, samen met uw familie en vrienden, uit voor het exclusieve event KLM & Partners Celebrate the world.

Op dit unieke event kunt u, samen met uw familie en vrienden, een reis om de wereld maken en u laten inspireren door verschillende culturen. Zo kunt u diverse culinaire keukens ontdekken, voetballen in Rio, dansen met een draak in China of op safari gaan in Afrika. Ook kunt u een kijkje nemen in de cockpit van een KLM-vliegtuig of het vrachtruim bezoeken.

Wilt u ons voor 14 november laten weten of wij op uw komst mogen rekenen? U kunt maximaal 4 gasten meenemen en zich via de eventpagina inschrijven.
Ja, ik kom...Indien u niet aanwezig kunt zijn, meldt u zich dan hier af...

Wij kijken uit naar uw komst!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Harm Kreulen
Directeur KLM Nederland
skycruiserNL likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Got the same invitation, I am Platinum based in the Netherlands
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
I did not, perhaps I should spend more on my American Express FB? I spend more then 4 zeros a month on it. Perhaps not excessive enough...

but go, went to a huisjes party and enjoyed that.

Last edited by Meneer Guggenheimer; Nov 13, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
I did not, perhaps I should spend more on my American Express FB? I spend more then 4 zeros a month on it. Perhaps not excessive enough...
You should start spending some other numbers besides zeros maybe
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Yep I got an invite, FB platinum + FB amex plat. I'm abroad unfortunately
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: FB Plat
There was what seems to be a similar event organised by AF in Paris (not in a hangar at the airport, though) a few weeks ago, around the new FB programme.

The buffet was excellent (including La Premire dessert) and there was also a draw with free tickets (short-/medium-/long-haul) on AF/KL/A5/TO to win, among other prizes.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Porcepic
There was what seems to be a similar event organised by AF in Paris (not in a hangar at the airport, though) a few weeks ago, around the new FB programme.

The buffet was excellent (including La Premire dessert) and there was also a draw with free tickets (short-/medium-/long-haul) on AF/KL/A5/TO to win, among other prizes.
yes that was a very nice FB event, in Porte de Versailles exhibition park, during Top Rsa convention.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: Flying Dutchman
Must be a big event. Searched on the internet and found other dates 8 Dec, 9 Dec. and 11 Dec.

Nope, did not get an invitation : -(
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:12 am

Photos of this KLM party: https://erikvandermeulen.nl/klm-part...rate-the-world
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KLM house collector
Must be a big event. Searched on the internet and found other dates 8 Dec, 9 Dec. and 11 Dec.
I spoke with some people at the event and found out that the 8th was in cooperation with AMEX Platinum, 11dec was for business related contacts, e.g. travel agents.
9 December (my date) was for a selected group of Platinum status holders on FlyingBlue with certain 'rating' (anyone knows how they rate their customers/cardholders?)

Last edited by skycruiserNL; Dec 12, 2018 at 8:38 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
I spoke with some people at the event and found out that the 8th was in cooperation with AMEX Platinum, 11dec was for business related contacts, e.g. travel agents.
9 December (my date) was for a selected group of Platinum status holders on FlyingBlue with certain 'rating' (anyone knows how they rate their customers/cardholders?)
I also got an invitation. I am FB Platinum and Personal Assistance.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Same here, got the invitation, FB plat + PA.

Actually I have received 2 invitations: one from KLM for the 9th, one from KLM & Amex for the 8th.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.