FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Question about connection on KLM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1939346-question-about-connection-klm.html)

Bgs12 Nov 7, 2018 1:26 am

Question about connection on KLM

I am thinking of booking a ticket LCY to TLV via AMS. The connection is tight (1 your or 1h 45 depending on which flight I take out of LCY) so I would likely understand what would happen if I miss the connection.

There is only one flight to TLV on KLM per day, would we have to wait 24 hours for that flight (which would not work for me)? Would they rebook us on Transavia (who have a flight early the next morning)?

B0gdan Nov 7, 2018 2:06 am

If they're selling this flight, it means you're very likely to make your connecting flight. Minimum connection time in AMS I believe is about 45 mins.

Yes.

Bgs12 Nov 7, 2018 2:14 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan (Post 30403145)
If they're selling this flight, it means you're very likely to make your connecting flight. Minimum connection time in AMS I believe is about 45 mins.

Yes.

Sure, I understand that if the flight from LCY is in time then there will be no problem making the connection.

However, if the first flight is late I could easily miss the connection, so that is what I am asking about.

B0gdan Nov 7, 2018 2:21 am

Transavia is the daughter airline of KLM so yes, you'd be rebooked provided there are still seats available. Otherwise, maybe rerouted on another airline or through another airport.

Zarmakuizz Nov 7, 2018 2:36 am

LCY and TLV are both non-schengen destinations, so you wouldn't even have to go through passport check. 1 hour seems plenty of time to connect and board.

LondonElite Nov 7, 2018 2:39 am

As long as you buy it as one ticket you’ll be fine

Ditto Nov 7, 2018 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz (Post 30403192)
LCY and TLV are both non-schengen destinations, so you wouldn't even have to go through passport check. 1 hour seems plenty of time to connect and board.

Normally shouldn't be an issue, TLV flights have extra security questioning at the gate so make sure to head straight to the gate when you land as it might be closing earlier due to that, 1hr is still plenty

Goldorak Nov 7, 2018 6:38 am

You may be also rebooked through CDG. AF has 3 daily to TLV.

Aviatrix Nov 8, 2018 3:47 pm

What time of year is this?

LCY is quite fog-prone, especially at this time of year - I've experienced a number of delays both recently and at this time in other years.

I'd go for the earlier flight, to give yourself some leeway.

Bgs12 Nov 8, 2018 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Aviatrix (Post 30409458)
What time of year is this?

LCY is quite fog-prone, especially at this time of year - I've experienced a number of delays both recently and at this time in other years.

I'd go for the earlier flight, to give yourself some leeway.

This would be for next April. Presumably fog is less of an issue?

LondonElite Nov 8, 2018 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Bgs12 (Post 30409482)

This would be for next April. Presumably fog is less of an issue?

There can be fog in April.

Aviatrix Nov 9, 2018 2:03 am

There can be fog at any time of year, but I've found autumn to be particularly problematic at LCY.

However... it's generally more of a problem in the morning than in the afternoon, and as you seem to be looking at an evening flight I think chances of any fog issues are relatively low. Still, I'd go for the longer connection time.