KLM to Manila via Taipei - Lounge access in Taipei

Old Oct 18, 18, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, GHA - Pan Pacific Hotels
KLM to Manila via Taipei - Lounge access in Taipei

I am heading to Manila on a KLM Business Class ticket. The last time I flew this route with KLM it was the non stop flight but now there is a stop in Taipei. Are passengers who are heading to Manila required to leave the plane or can they stay on. If I am required to leave will I have access to the Skyteam Business Class lounge or is it straight of the plane through a security check and back to the gate to await boarding.

Also so what is the lounge like in Manila. I hope itís an improvement on the awful lounge in Terminal 1 that they sent us to.
Old Oct 18, 18, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
Are passengers who are heading to Manila required to leave the plane.
Yes they are.

Johan
Old Oct 19, 18, 2:03 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oman Air Sindbad Gold, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire
Leave the aircraft at Taipei, pass security, go to the lounge (which is quite ok) if there's time. At MNL, T3 is the best terminal on almost all counts, but none of the lounges are anything to write home about. Most of the T3 dining/retail facilities are landside, and you can also walk across the NAIA "Runway Manila" to Newport City if you like. On my recent trips, MNL has offered a far better experience than MAN (which says a lot about MAN's shortcomings).

Last edited by Andrew_G; Oct 19, 18 at 2:46 pm
Old Oct 20, 18, 2:30 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Andrew_G View Post
Leave the aircraft at Taipei, pass security, go to the lounge (which is quite ok) if there's time. At MNL, T3 is the best terminal on almost all counts, but none of the lounges are anything to write home about. Most of the T3 dining/retail facilities are landside, and you can also walk across the NAIA "Runway Manila" to Newport City if you like. On my recent trips, MNL has offered a far better experience than MAN (which says a lot about MAN's shortcomings).
Hhhm...having done this 2 times I would say the TPE lounges are quite ok. Yes, you have to leave the aircraft and reboard through security with your hand luggage (not customs) as if you are on a connecting international flight. If there is time you can have a good time in the lounge where they have cooks serving noodles on demand, etc. (come for that at Schiphol and even Paris CDG...) PS no experience with arrival at MNL but the lounge I got when boarding the KL flight to AMS was ok.
Old Oct 21, 18, 1:56 am

Programs: FB Plat
The CI lounge in T1 looks pretty great. Having not yet been to TPE I wouldn't know how easy it to move about terminals but I thought I'd mention it anyways. We have a trip booked with them next year so I've been doing some poking around their offerings.

Search this Thread