FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Issues with klm.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1935648-issues-klm-com.html)

Aviatrix Oct 15, 2018 2:44 am

Issues with klm.com

Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch... but it seems that klm.com is somewhat broken at the moment.

It won't let me log into my account - and that's using two different browsers and two different machines.

When I click on "My trip" or "Check in" - which would usually bring up a log-in prompt - it takes me to a bit about "finding my next destination".

When I checked in for a flight just now (using the link in the check-in email) it encouraged me to log in to prefill stored information - but the log-in button didn't do anything at all.

I was able to log into Flying Blue from the KLM web site, but that only took me to my Flying Blue account with no way of getting back to the main KLM site while still logged in.

Tried this with Firefox and Chrome, same result. (And tried my husband's account too, in case the issue was with my account only - same result)

BER Flyer Oct 15, 2018 3:41 am

Yes, it' s an ongoing problem for a week now. Can't "log in" at all, no log in button, no way of viewing my booked flights. Search engine was broken twice last week showing me "no flights between Berlin and New York between october18th and october 21st".

Boturham Oct 15, 2018 5:44 am

A workaround is going to klm.com, >Flying Blue> Log in> My Journey from the menu on the top left. It will reroute to KLM where you can see your flight details.

eastindywalrus Oct 15, 2018 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Boturham (Post 30316714)
A workaround is going to klm.com, >Flying Blue> Log in> My Journey from the menu on the top left. It will reroute to KLM where you can see your flight details.

Clicking "Home" in the top left menu after logging in on the Flying Blue page has worked for me too. And you shouldn't even need to do that - once you're logged in, the cookie is stored in your browser, so you should just be able to go to KLM.com again and it'll recognize that you're logged in already and display any upcoming trips in "My Trips," etc.

But, yeah, I've had this same issue for a week or two now. How incompetent of an IT department do you have to be to not rush a fix for a missing Log In button on your main website immediately!?

johan rebel Oct 15, 2018 10:50 am

Originally Posted by eastindywalrus (Post 30317494)
But, yeah, I've had this same issue for a week or two now. How incompetent of an IT department do you have to be to not rush a fix for a missing Log In button on your main website immediately!?

Same here, but when I checked a minute ago, the button had magically reappeared.

Johan

BER Flyer Oct 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Boturham (Post 30316714)

Thank you but unfortunaly only works if you are an Flying blue member. I'm a skymiles member with an "KLM" account and that KLM account is not accessible at the moment.

CyBeR Oct 16, 2018 9:38 am

Originally Posted by BER Flyer (Post 30318846)
Thank you but unfortunaly only works if you are an Flying blue member. I'm a skymiles member with an "KLM" account and that KLM account is not accessible at the moment.

Use a different browser. If it's broken for me in Safari, Chrome usually still works.

At this moment however Safari also works fine for me (while it was broken for the past week or so.)

Aviatrix Oct 18, 2018 1:39 am

Update... I still can't log in during the check-in process (the button is there, but it won't do anything)

Logging into Flying Blue and then using the menu to get to the main klm.com site seems to be hit and miss - it works some of the time but not all of the time.

I tried to talk to KLM about this via WhatsApp but they were totally useless - first reply was about clearing my cache (fair enough, but it didn't work), they then replied to my follow-up by sending me a long essay about how to retro-claim miles, I wrote back suggesting that they picked the wrong boiler-plate reply but heard nothing further. Waste of time!

tigertanaka Oct 18, 2018 2:42 am

I am having the same issue on Internet Explorer and Chrome. I got a pop-up asking me to complete a survey about klm.com so I fed back that the login section was missing from the top of the screen.

The app worked fine - I was only wanting to reserve my seats for an existing booked trip.

Xandrios Oct 18, 2018 2:54 am

Originally Posted by eastindywalrus (Post 30317494)

This issue has appeared many times. The button dissapears for a while, and a few hours later it comes back.

My impression is that it has to do with the Flying Blue service - if there is no connectivity or ability to log people in (eg the Flying Blue authentication service is down) they remove the button from the website.

eastindywalrus Oct 18, 2018 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 30327719)
This issue has appeared many times. The button dissapears for a while, and a few hours later it comes back.

My impression is that it has to do with the Flying Blue service - if there is no connectivity or ability to log people in (eg the Flying Blue authentication service is down) they remove the button from the website.

I recall seeing it disappear for a few hours, then come back, but I haven't seen the button in weeks now.