FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   I fly magazine (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1934996-i-fly-magazine.html)

amnicoll Oct 11, 2018 4:31 am

I fly magazine

I got 7 email copies of the latest edition of IFly

Can anyone beat this?

mikem004 Oct 11, 2018 4:36 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll (Post 30302927)
I got 7 email copies of the latest edition of IFly

Can anyone beat this?

4 yesterday, 6 today

Xandrios Oct 11, 2018 4:46 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll (Post 30302927)
Can anyone beat this?

Yes, certainly. I got 0, which seems to be a lot better than 7 ;)

On the other hand, today alone, I got 3 flight offer emails from KLM Greece, one from Switzerland, Germany Italy and one AF Italia.

KLM house collector Oct 11, 2018 5:06 am

Perfectly timed! I will be in Kyoto next week so I can check out the sights.

Lucky me.

Rien

amnicoll Oct 11, 2018 5:11 am

At least their marketing is relevant for someone

Concerto Oct 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Does anyone actually read iFly? I find it overwhelmingly burdensome due to the weight of material and the length of the articles, as well as the short videos, so much so that I simply don't open it any more. Now that is a shame, because it seemed to be an imaginative and good publication when I was looking at it a couple of years back. If there was just half the material in it I would probably faithfully read every issue. Same goes for the British Airways Club magazine.

rosensfole Oct 11, 2018 4:20 pm

I got a few. Unsubscribed from all KLM comms now. Let's see how that goes as I did the same last month.

Aviatrix Oct 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Seven copies here too.

amnicoll Oct 12, 2018 3:22 am

Tend not to read them myself which is a shame as they clearly have put some effort into it.

I wish they and their AF partners would give more thought to some of their other emarketing stuff but airlines seem reluctant to make any effort to proper targeting and thought

arjen05 Oct 12, 2018 11:16 am

KLM and their e-mail marketing.. not a happy marriage. I always receive "welcome home" e-mails when I've already boarded one or more KLM planes to other destinations. Waking up in San Francisco and receiving a 'welcome home' message from the airline that just brought you to the other side of the world..

Mirk Oct 13, 2018 12:59 am

I got 8 emails. Glad to see it now has stopped though.

amnicoll Oct 13, 2018 3:27 am

Originally Posted by arjen05 (Post 30308072)
KLM and their e-mail marketing.. not a happy marriage. I always receive "welcome home" e-mails when I've already boarded one or more KLM planes to other destinations. Waking up in San Francisco and receiving a 'welcome home' message from the airline that just brought you to the other side of the world..

It is a great shame that airlines do not add "brain" to their e- marketing, part of the reason may be that none of the executives and senior management receive such marketing as private individuals and only see it in presentations from the marketing team

i am about to fly with MAS for the first time and their FF scheme (Enrich) bombards me with offers which are fine for their domestic market but not for their customers on the other end of their long haul routes - in fairness to MAS their CEO has responded positively to my comments and hopefully they are going to think about this more

ajamieson Oct 18, 2018 4:58 am

Did KLM every issue an explanation or an apology for this? (I think I can guess the answer, but...)

Asking because I see YET ANOTHER Kyoto email in my inbox this morning, this time a competition to win tickets. I'd like to win a competition to successfully unsubscribe tbh...

Concerto Oct 19, 2018 3:34 pm

The usual rubbish that the internet is. It's a shame, because somehow this technology had the potential to become great. But sadly, it became the opposite.

KLM's iFly magazine is a bit like the many museums (notably in places like Germany) that have endless things to read, endless placards that would take 3 weeks to read, if not more. In fact there is so much read and so much thrown at you that whatever happens, you end up reading none of it, none whatsoever. I just wish that, at some point, somehow, intelligence would come in and finally reign over these things. But no, that's not to be. It's like amateur music concerts: they just go on for ever, nobody at all recognizing the value of brevity or concise expression (what's that???), everybody desperate to prove themselves, over and over again.