Wiki Posts
Search

KLM “Light” fares destinations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
KLM “Light” fares destinations

I just booked a KLM ticket for a friend (who is FB explorer) Amsterdam to Guayaquil and was surprised I was offered a “light” fare NOT including checked luggage. I knew European, North African and US/Canadian fares had this option, but was not aware that Ecuador (and other destinations?) had been added. Does anyone know the current list of “light” fare destinations and what the plans are for roll-out?Was also quite annoyed that the information on the KLM website was not up to date and stated that a FB Explorer member could bring one checked bag for free on intercontinental flights.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
I just booked a KLM ticket for a friend (who is FB explorer) Amsterdam to Guayaquil and was surprised I was offered a “light” fare NOT including checked luggage. I knew European, North African and US/Canadian fares had this option, but was not aware that Ecuador (and other destinations?) had been added. Does anyone know the current list of “light” fare destinations and what the plans are for roll-out?Was also quite annoyed that the information on the KLM website was not up to date and stated that a FB Explorer member could bring one checked bag for free on intercontinental flights.
all transatlantic flights are operated on the same idea , from argentina to canada , they are following the ''innovative trend'' of longhaul low-cost airlines

it was announced last year = AF/KL/DL to also introduce new fare structure for Trans-Atlantic flights

as far as i know , thats everything , so flights to asia , africa , middle east are not concerned , as there is competition from middle east airlines on these routes/markets

The first free bag for ivory/explorer is not available anymore , i think since 2015 , and even the discount for them was removed
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Same discussion on-going here (from post 68 for LATAM) :
AF/KL/DL to also introduce new fare structure for Trans-Atlantic flights
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
By now it's Europe (including Russia), and all Americas except PBM.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Ugh. That means that overhead locker space to LATAM will become an issue. It was so nice having ample space when bringing carry on luggage only!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
I just booked 3x AMS-UIO-GYE-AMS in Y for end of 10 until early 12 this year and they INCLUDE luggage. (1 piece) for my assistants
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
I just booked 3x AMS-UIO-GYE-AMS in Y for end of 10 until early 12 this year and they INCLUDE luggage. (1 piece) for my assistants
The one I booked is late December - mid January.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
MEX seems to be excluded as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.