KLM Cancellations 21/09/18

Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
KLM Cancellations 21/09/18

My flight BRS-AMS has been cancelled tomorrow due to high winds at Amsterdam. BRS-AMS-MUC - whats the best way to contact KLM, would they be able to rebook me on a direct flight? DL Plat if that helps, although not expecting it to!

Any advice would be great!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
My flight BRS-AMS has been cancelled tomorrow due to high winds at Amsterdam. BRS-AMS-MUC - whats the best way to contact KLM, would they be able to rebook me on a direct flight? DL Plat if that helps, although not expecting it to!

Any advice would be great!
It seems that about 100 returns have been cancelled due to the forecast westerly storm.

They should be getting in touch with you, and you may be able to look at options online (klm.com -> My Trip). Otherwise the Facebook or Twitter channels seem to offer the best options.

Good luck
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:22 pm
fkl

Programs: FB Plat
This afternoon I got through on the regular phone number pretty much immediately and for AMS-MUC they only offered 11am tomorrow (apparently the LH flight?).
Later I got rebooked on the 21:00 flight automatically.
A few minutes ago I tried the Plat line, after 10 minutes some robot asked for the FB number and I didn't find it within like 20 seconds, then they disconnected the call because of that. Apparently need to keep your FB number ready for the Plat line (even though they recognize my number on the regular line automatically...)
Edit: 2nd time went smoother, but they don't rebook onto transavia (which has a nicer time for me and still 10+ seats available apparently)

Last edited by fkl; Sep 20, 2018 at 12:31 pm
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
I got rebooked on LH on a direct flight albeit from a different origin. As Im now on LH my extra elite plus baggage allowance hasnt transferred over. Is it reasonable to ask KL to pay the fees incurred on LH for the baggage?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
I got rebooked on LH on a direct flight albeit from a different origin. As Im now on LH my extra elite plus baggage allowance hasnt transferred over. Is it reasonable to ask KL to pay the fees incurred on LH for the baggage?
of course
ShuttleRunner likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.