Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

AtlasGlobal booked as KLM codeshare: Sky Priority and Lounge Acces at AMS ?

Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum

Hello all,

I'm a FB Gold, flying AMS-IST next week with AtlasGlobal booked with as a KL codeshare.
I assume I will have to check in directly with AtlasGlobal, so no priority check-in there?

What about lounge access; will I have this as I have booked it under a KL flight number?

Thank you,
Robert
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
You will not have lounge access as the flight is not operated by a SkyTeam carrier.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mfkne
You will not have lounge access as the flight is not operated by a SkyTeam carrier.
Does not matter at AMS. For Flying Blue Gold/Plat members, if the flights are booked with a KL code, regardless of the operating carrier lounge access is to be provided.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:30 am

Lounge access

Just make sure you are travelling on that same day on a KLM-operated flight, an international SkyTeam-operated flight or a domestic SkyTeam-operated flight that is connected with a SkyTeam-operated international flight.
Source: https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/pre...ess_policy.htm
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:59 am

Yes thats the global Skyteam policy. For FB members, at their own Crown Lounges, KLM has a more lenient policy which includes KLM codeshares, Transavia etc.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:17 am

And where would that policy be described?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:36 am

While it might not be described, I can confirm I had no issues entering the crown lounge flying on codeshare flights.
@KLflyerRalph does it also include HV flights booked as HV or only for flights booked as KL?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:52 am

Nowhere public
Originally Posted by Ditto
@KLflyerRalph does it also include HV flights booked as HV or only for flights booked as KL?
It also includes Transavia flights with flight number HV5000-6000. See https://insideflyer.nl/wanneer-heb-j...-crown-lounge/
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:25 pm

I, too, have used the Crown Lounges at Schiphol when flying on KLM codeshares on non-Skyteam airlines (Air Baltic and Air Serbia being recent examples)
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Different experience here. Travelled AtlasGlobal in J on a KL-codeshare a while ago. They sent me to the wonderful Aspire lounge, and I tried the Crown Lounge, but to no avail, even after showing the app with KL number.
My brother though, who was travelling on the same flight, tried it with another agent, and he got in...
AtlasGlobal had priority check-in and security, and the cabin was better than the KL EuroBiz 737.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I confirm, no issue at AMS or CDG in that circumstance.
But what about in IST flying Atlas Global in Y (FB Gold/Plat) on KL or AF code-share ? Can you access the Skyteam lounge ?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
But what about in IST flying Atlas Global in Y (FB Gold/Plat) on KL or AF code-share ? Can you access the Skyteam lounge ?
I would suspect that if lounge access is available, it will be to whichever lounge AF/KL has an agreement with for codeshare flights, in BEG for example you access different lounges on an AF codeshare than on a KL codeshare
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, I will see what happens tommorow and report back !
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
quoting myself here. A friend told me today that the Skyteam lounge in IST is not branded Skyteam anymore and has been taken over by a contracting company. It could be that this is in preparation to the opening of the new IST airport end of October where there will be a Skyteam lounge, but I find very strange that they abandon the lounge before, while the airport still operates as normal.
I believe Skyteam pax still go to this lounge, but to come back to the thread subject, this may complicate things when flying on Atlas Global code-share.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Writing this from the Crown Lounge, not issue at all to get in. The agent scanned the AtlasGlobal boarding pass without question and typed my FF number into the computer.

Online check-in was working also on the Atlas Global website, despitie of KLM's info on https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_nl/plan_and_book/ticket_information/Flying_with_KLM_partners/index.htm#p14

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.