Wiki Posts
Search

KIX: recommended lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M
KIX: recommended lounges

Any recommendations for lounges at KIX (Osaka)?
Apparently KLM business passengers can use the JAL or Korean Air lounges, as well as a couple of general airport lounges.
My departure to AMS is at 11:00.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

At least from my experience end last year, at KIX, there is only 1 choice for AF or KL passengers, which is a 3rd party lounge. I don't believe that there has been any changes to lounge usage - this 3rd party lounge has been used since years...it is also used by Air Calin passengers mainly.
During the morning bank, the lounge can get full due to all 3, KLM, AF and Air Calin flights departing around that hour. Lounge itself is OK-ish from both F&B and service point of view. Only possible issue would be finding a place to sit if it is crowded. It does have a rather good view of the tarmac.

Cheers!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:23 am
Original Poster

This page suggests that I could only use the Delta lounge at Tokyo (I suppose this means NRT?):
https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/pre...ess_policy.htm
But I am not going to Tokyo...
Searching for KIX on this page returns four lounges:
https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/pre..._locations.htm
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
AF has historically use the JAL lounge in KIX, so does KL I suppose unless it has changed (that's what nlgodberg seems to say). In any case, even if KE lounge can be used as per Skyteam rule, I am not a fan of KE lounges in general (but I admit I don't know the KIX one).
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:20 pm

The KE lounge is small with several seats and some instant noodles. Keep in mind the lounge is before security.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: FB Plat
Ask a KLM staff when arriving at the airport. Otherwise, I would try them all, starting from the KIX airside, the JAL, the KAL and finally the Asuka.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:00 am
Original Poster

I will try the JAL lounge.
I had my most comfortable, relaxing flight on JAL. And that was in Economy class!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.