Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Finally equality on Delta, KLM and AF flights for all FB / Medallion members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue

One of the biggest irritations is going to be addressed but as Delta has a higher tier then Platinum what will that mean?

link (dutch)
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:55 pm

If I am correct, it has nothing to do with your current elite status. Just some alignment in benefit for travellers on corporate contracts.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I did some Google Trad:

With Delta, Air France and KLM, business travelers get a wider choice of seats on the plane free of charge. The priority for boarding is also the same for business travelers in the three airlines, as well as priority arrangements for transfers or delayed flights. It does not matter with which airline they fly and with which airline they have booked their flight ticket.

I really don’t see what’s new
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I would like some equality between Delta and KLM with getting to reserve seats on their cheapest fares. As an Air France / KLM platinum card holder, I can pick my seat when I book the very basic flights with AF and KLM but not with Delta.

On Delta we have to wait until check in time to do this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Billyfergus
I would like some equality between Delta and KLM with getting to reserve seats on their cheapest fares. As an Air France / KLM platinum card holder, I can pick my seat when I book the very basic flights with AF and KLM but not with Delta.

On Delta we have to wait until check in time to do this.
This is a product difference and applies equally to DL elites.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:11 pm

Delta has a press release on it site (sorry, not enough posts here yet, so cannot post the link, but Google 'delta global corporate priority' and it's the first link)

This indeed looks like for corporate customers only. Also, no press releases on KL or AF websites, so I suspect this is one way only - only Delta's corporate customers get extra benefits on KL and AF, not the other way around.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My beef is that KLM gives priority in Eurobusiness meal orders to AF/KLM elites over DL elites, so that someone with minor AF/KLM status gets a better choice than a top tier DL customer. I suspect the same is true on longhaul flights. It's not a very seamless JV.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
That makes sense, as DL gives upgrade and other priority of their own (even Silver) elites over any other Skyteam elite program. Your own elites are still due the best treatment. No issues there in my opinion (though, if we are going to equalize those benefits, upgrade order with DL would be great).
Mirk likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
I think that would be fine as soon as KL and AF offer upgrades to DL elites on EU routes. As it is KL/AF have NO upgrades at all for DL flyers. At least DL offers KL/AF flyers a chance for upgrade even if after silver elites.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by acvitale
I think that would be fine as soon as KL and AF offer upgrades to DL elites on EU routes. As it is KL/AF have NO upgrades at all for DL flyers. At least DL offers KL/AF flyers a chance for upgrade even if after silver elites.
AF/KL don't even upgrade their own elites unless required by operations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.