Wiki Posts
Search

KL A333s, best Econ seats?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
KL A333s, best Econ seats?

Row 10, Row 30 HJ, or Row 31 AB? How much room is there in Row 10 and is the amount of space, close to equivalent to what is available in 30/31?.

(In this particular case, day flight to US, I plan to work the entire way-- typically setting up a monitor cart in front of me).

Please refer to previous threads if there are any / merge; my own search didn't find any, but I am flawed . And TIA

Now that I think about it, I suppose one can ask the same for row 11 / 30 on the 787-100 ...

Last edited by kthomas; Jun 29, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Old Jun 29, 2021, 12:22 am

If the flight is soon - typically as far possible in the back as loads are still fairly light and that's your best chance of empty seats. An aisle in the middle section gives you the best chance for an empty seat next to you.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by erik123
If the flight is soon - typically as far possible in the back as loads are still fairly light and that's your best chance of empty seats. An aisle in the middle section gives you the best chance for an empty seat next to you.
Thanks. I usually grab the exit rows when flying on AF westward. What I'm really looking for here is a good description of exactly how much space there is in rows 10/11, better than I can find on the seatmap sites and the various "best seats on the plane" sites, which tend to recommend 10/11, probably for their recline.

Westward in the day, I'm going to work all day and 30/31 gives me enough space for a cart with multiple monitors in front of me.

If headed eastward on an overnight, I'd probably choose 10/11 (or even the rows behind them, which don't have the fixed armrests) if trying to sleep, given the extended recline.

Trying to find empty seats is another game IMO-- KLMs seatmaps have gotten better, but in recent experience the AF app seems to close them off far before takeoff. Loads still seem light, yes, though the forward J cabin was largely full my last two hops.

On that note, I'd generally rather pay for J on eastward overnights, and economy westward in the days, but that rarely seems easy to arrange.

Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.