Upgrading KLM AMS-JFK flight from economy to business

Reply

Old Aug 1, 18, 7:40 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 260
Originally Posted by pennystinkard View Post


I actually travel really often, just never on KLM (rarely in Amsterdam), so I have no status with KLM. Do you think I have a chance of it being even lower at the airport kiosk tomorrow? Iíd jump on it at 300 - 400 Euros but 549 is still a bit much for an 8 hour daytime flight
see. So itís a welcoming offer.
I donít think itíll be cheaper than this on a high density flight like AMS-JFK
BobTL is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 18, 8:57 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: AMS
Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Posts: 45
On KL641 I've had offers from €250 up to €460. No status. You just have to be lucky.
Didymis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 18, 9:11 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 260
Originally Posted by Didymis View Post
On KL641 I've had offers from Ä250 up to Ä460. No status. You just have to be lucky.
That is a one time offer and offered before 1 June right?
BobTL is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 18, 9:57 am
  #19  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 13,448
Originally Posted by pennystinkard View Post


I actually travel really often, just never on KLM (rarely in Amsterdam), so I have no status with KLM. Do you think I have a chance of it being even lower at the airport kiosk tomorrow? Iíd jump on it at 300 - 400 Euros but 549 is still a bit much for an 8 hour daytime flight
you certainly wonít have a better offer than this one (549).
Goldorak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 18, 11:05 am
  #20  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by Didymis View Post
On KL641 I've had offers from Ä250 up to Ä460. No status. You just have to be lucky.
How long ago was this though?
pennystinkard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 18, 12:38 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: AMS
Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by BobTL View Post
That is a one time offer and offered before 1 June right?
Originally Posted by pennystinkard View Post
How long ago was this though?
The Ä260 one was a lucky shot about two years ago, most recent offer was Ä458 last February.
Didymis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:01 am
  #22  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 95
Just a quick update on this - I moved my flight to a day later due to weather, and upon checking in for this new, later flight, I got an even lower offer than I did the previous day: 499 EUR for a biz upgrade!
pennystinkard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:09 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 260
Originally Posted by pennystinkard View Post
Just a quick update on this - I moved my flight to a day later due to weather, and upon checking in for this new, later flight, I got an even lower offer than I did the previous day: 499 EUR for a biz upgrade!
thatís a fantastic deal...go for it
BobTL is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 19, 6:26 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Southwest, United, American Airlines
Posts: 50
anybody have recent data on how much to updgrad on a SLC-AMS segment on KLM?
petomoo is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread