Wiki Posts
Search

transfer KLM business at AMS for newbie

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
transfer KLM business at AMS for newbie

I am transferring tomorrow, i am in KLM business from venice to amsterdam, then from amsterdam to minneapolis. Both flights in business class.
My connection at AMS is only 90 minutes. What can i expect, will i reach the lounge in time, and is the transfer easy or more difficult (like heathrow)
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:07 am

Assuming no major delay, 90 minutes at Amsterdam is plenty of time and you would indeed be able to spend some time in the lounge after clearing passports, the transfer will be plain sailing - Amsterdam is amongst the best airports in Europe in terms of connections. That said, make sure to set your expectation bar at the lower end as the KLM lounges are largely known for their poor catering and ‘canteen’ environment.

G
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The usual question must be asked: are you on one ticket or two?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
One ticket
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
You're only possible problem (apart from flight delays) is the Schengen-non Schengen security check. The queues can get quite long, especially as we're now in the summer holiday period, so go directly there and you should be fine. Is the flight to MSP on Delta metal? if so you will have to go to the D1 check just after the passport one.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Ardecos
You're only possible problem (apart from flight delays) is the Schengen-non Schengen security check. The queues can get quite long, especially as we're now in the summer holiday period, so go directly there and you should be fine. Is the flight to MSP on Delta metal? if so you will have to go to the D1 check just after the passport one.
He is coming from venice. There will be no security check. Only passport control. And if your flight is already in boarding you can use a priority line.There are monitors showing which flights are already in boarding and personal is checking the access to this line. But Schiphol is very easy for flight connection.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
No worries. It is one terminal. You just have to pass the Schengen/non Schengen passport control. 90 min for that is lavish, assuming your Venice flight arrivés in time. If not, you will be protected by the fact you have all flights on one PNR and in case of delays KLM has to solve the problem. I am pretty sure you can spent decent time in the international KLM lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.