Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry renewal for Dutch citizens

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Question Global Entry renewal for Dutch citizens

I hope you'll forgive my non-KLM question here – this is the only forum where I expect to find people with the same question/experience.

I'm up for renewal of Global Entry this year after obtaining it via Flux Alliance/Privium almost 5 years ago now (as a Dutch national). The Flux/Privium thing seems to have ended and replaced by a new program that's not operational. It seems like Dutch citizens are currently unable to sign up for Global Entry at all.

However, what happens to people that are already enrolled? I submitted a renewal request about a month ago via the CBP Trusted Traveller website, and it's been stuck on "Application Pending" since.

Has anyone been able to renew since the end of Flux? Or any thoughts on how to get this moving?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: FB plat for life
This is what I received in 2016 and when I followed the steps below, I was able to renew within days....

If you need translation help or the attachment of the original mail, PM me....

good luckGeachte heer, mevrouw,

Middels dit schrijven willen wij u informeren over de wijzigingen met betrekking tot uw lidmaatschap van het FLUX Programma. Per 1 januari 2017 zal het FLUX Programma beëindigd worden. In deze brief leest u wat er voor u verandert per 1 januari 2017.

De beëindiging van het FLUX Programma zal geen gevolgen hebben voor uw Global Entrylidmaatschap in de Verenigde Staten, dit lidmaatschap loopt onveranderd door. De Nederlandse Overheid zal het achtergrond onderzoek voor Nederlandse Global Entryleden in de toekomst blijven faciliteren. U dient er in de toekomst zelf zorg voor te dragen om uw Global Entry lidmaatschap iedere 5 jaar online te verlengen en uw nieuwe paspoort te registreren via uw persoonlijke GOES account.

Het beëindigen van het FLUX programma zal operationeel gezien wel enkele veranderingen betekenen. Zo zal de FLUX website verdwijnen en zal uw jaarlijkse FLUX lidmaatschapsbijdrage komen te vervallen. Ook het enrollment interview bij de Koninklijke Marechaussee zal in de toekomst komen te vervallen.

Vragen over uw Global Entry lidmaatschap

Voor vragen betreffende uw Global Entry lidmaatschap dient u in het vervolg direct contact op te nemen met de Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in de VS, aangezien de ondersteuning vanuit het FLUX Alliance team zal komen te vervallen. Het Info Center van de CBP is te bereiken via: https://help.cbp.gov/app/home

Belangrijk: check uw GOES account voor 1 januari 2017

Alle correspondentie van de CBP betreffende uw Global Entry lidmaatschap zal in de toekomst via uw GOES account verlopen. Uw GOES account is gekoppeld aan uw emailadres. Daarom is het belangrijk dat u voor 1 januari 2017 uw persoonlijke GOES account heeft aangemaakt. Heeft u reeds een GOES account, controleer dan of uw loginnaam, wachtwoord en emailadres nog correct zijn. Indien u deze berichten niet kunt ontvangen, kan dit mogelijk gevolgen hebben voor uw Global Entry lidmaatschap.

De handleiding voor het aanmaken van een GOES account treft u hierbij als bijlage aan. Indien u er niet in slaagt om een GOES account aan te maken staan de medewerkers van FLUX Alliance tot 1 januari nog tot uw beschikking om u hierbij te ondersteunen. Zij zijn te bereiken via [email protected]

Graag bedanken wij u voor uw lidmaatschap van het FLUX Programma gedurende de afgelopen jaren. Wij wensen u veel reisplezier naar de VS met behulp van uw GlobalEntry lidmaatschap.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

FLUX Alliance Team
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:59 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just chipping in, although will not help to answer your question. However the whole replacement program, the Registered Traveler Program - NL, is a joke. I have emailed both Schiphol and the Interior Ministry on the progress of this, and sadly, the only answer that they can provide me is it is delayed without an estimated date. Just have to wait for it to be launched in the coming future.

Found that the Project Leader of the program is from the FLUX/Privium program, so no idea why it is taking them so long to set things up as I would expect that she will be experienced. From what I have read, it is delayed by about 1.5 years. I wonder if the delay has anything to do with the change of US policies?

No idea why so many other countries, e.g. Germany, UK, etc can launch one without too much issues, but the NL govt. can't even get this together (like those half working automated passport gates @ AMS)

Anyway, I have been trying to apply but sadly, being blocked by a situation beyond the control of normal folks.

Cheers!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for chipping in.

Amazingly, after waiting for over a month with no updates, I received an email within an hour of making this forum post confirming my renewal for another 5 years. So someone is still processing these background checks somewhere on the Dutch side, presumably.
Lewis42 and caliform like this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: FB plat for life
end result is what counts....
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:28 pm

Are there any known updates since June '18?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:29 am

Still no updates? Would like to join!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

As far as I know, no develoment especially since Mr.Trump took office, which I find quite ridiculous since FLEX is also dead to my knowledge. I see no new development when I check the website of the MoD.

Cheers!
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
A week or 2 ago KMar wrote that according the info they received from the 'Ministerie van Justitie en Veiligheid', they expect that RTP-NL will go live in the 2nd quarter of 2020.

After that, prepare for another long wait after you apply(/renew)(>6 months).
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Grouchy
A week or 2 ago KMar wrote that according the info they received from the 'Ministerie van Justitie en Veiligheid', they expect that RTP-NL will go live in the 2nd quarter of 2020.

where did you find this info?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by Grouchy

They've been saying that for several years now, and it's always 1 or 2 quarters out. I wouldn't count on it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.