Phishing Email

Old Jun 12, 18, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Phishing Email

Received the following email this morning - at my dedicated KLM email address:

Subject: Cygnific Sales & Services
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 05:03:10 +0000 (UTC)
Reply-To: ic.dugan-at-cygnific.com
To: [email protected][domain]

Am sending few document's for you to view, but am having hard time attaching them to my email, have use Dropbox Secure sending it to you and you should be able to view it there.

Use the following to locate the file View shared docs <https://u7732638.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?[rest removed]

Best regards,
IC Dugan
B2C Manila
Cygnific Sales & Service Center

Cygnific, as most of you will know, is the company that runs KLM's call centres. The fact that this email was sent to an email address that is only known to me and to KLM makes suspect a data leak somewhere within KLM. I will be taking this up with them.

I take it no one else has received this as yet? I'm sure someone would have been posting about it if they had.
Old Jun 12, 18, 1:08 pm

Programs: KL Plat
I assume the domain in To: [email protected][domain] is used elsewhere?

I've never head of Cygnific until now, but maybe that's just me. However, I guess KLM related people to know about them, in which case it's your domain that's been picked up and they are randomly firing emails to [email protected] in the hope some KLM employee thinks they recognise and trust Cygnific?

Makes more sense than them getting hold of a load of KLM customer addresses and sending mails to them from an apparently-random-to-average-Joe organisation.

I've not had one BTW.
Old Jun 12, 18, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Solevita View Post
I assume the domain in To: [email protected][domain] is used elsewhere?
Nope.

"[domain]" is my own personal domain name (which I'm not going to reveal here), and [email protected][domain] is an address which I created exclusively for my account with KLM. I do that with all suppliers I use regularly - there is [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc etc etc

they are randomly firing emails to [email protected] in the hope some KLM employee thinks they recognise and trust Cygnific?
My husband has had the same email, at his work address - which doesn't have KLM in it, but which he has occasionally used to communicate with KLM. Even more reason to suspect a data leak.
Old Jun 13, 18, 2:34 am

Programs: KL Plat
Well that blows my theory then!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: