Wiki Posts
Search

KLM first to order JAMCO business-class seats for 787

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
KLM first to order JAMCO business-class seats for 787

Just received this from the KLM corporate mailing list, might be of interest here:

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines has contracted the JAMCO Group of Japan to supply new World Business Class seats for eight Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner aircraft, to be delivered from next year. KLM is the first customer to order JAMCO’s new “Venture” business-class seats.

The next-generation seat is lighter than its predecessors, reducing fuel consumption. In addition, the fishbone configuration of the new Venture seats ensures more effective utilisation of the available space.

Boet Kreiken, EVP Customer Experience, said: "KLM is delighted to be working with JAMCO on this brand-new 787-10 World Business Class seat programme. Together, we are striving to create the best possible seating, sleeping comfort, and travel environment for our business-class customers."

KLM is the first European airline that will fly with the new Boeing 787-10. The first airplane will be delivered in June, 2019. The new Dreamliner is an extended version of the already operating Boeing 787-9.

KLM World Business Class
KLM is constantly striving to improve customer experience. This is exemplified by JAMCO’s Venture seats, which offer passengers greater personal space and comfort, with full-flat recline and an 18.5-inch entertainment screen. Another new feature is the “Do not disturb” button on the armrest, which passengers can turn on and off at will. The middle seats in WBC have a movable partition, allowing passengers to opt for maximum privacy or for an optimum shared travel experience.

Aisle is directly accessible
There will be 38 World Business Class seats aboard these new aircraft. All of these seats will offer direct access to the aisle. The new seats will be KLM-branded, based on a design created in cooperation with Hella Jongerius.

JAMCO Group
The JAMCO Group is a Japanese corporation serving the aviation industry. It has divisions for aircraft interiors, aircraft components, aircraft maintenance, and aircraft seats. JAMCO was established in 1955 and is a longstanding supplier of Boeing and Airbus. JAMCO supplies the galleys installed aboard KLM’s long-haul fleet.

Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
This looks good. Possibly slightly less cramped than the current setup? We'll see. It does appear to no longer feature seat adjustment controls under your elbow, which was a particularly stupid design detail on the 789 chairs.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
That second pic makes it look very cramped!
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any secure storage for small items? (No, that open shelf won't do the trick).

Johan
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if Hella Jongerius will be doing the fabrics and upholstery!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:08 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I wonder if Hella Jongerius will be doing the fabrics and upholstery!
I think so:
“The new seats will be KLM-branded, based on a design created in cooperation with Hella Jongerius.”
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry...didn't spot that.

The pics were far too distracting!!

As for the first pic - I can almost see Patrick Stewart perched on one, intoning - "Set a course for Kennedy airport, ensign. Impulse Speed. Engage on my mark!"
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I really like the darker tone of the seats, and being short, I don't mind if it looks a little cramped It's still way better than economy. I can't wait to try it, I love the 787
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andy82
I really like the darker tone of the seats,
That's not how it will look on KLM. Jongerius will cover it in blue spatters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.