Search

Age limit on Bassinet (CarryCot)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Age limit on Bassinet (CarryCot)

Hi guys, complicated question here.

I'm booked on SFO-AMS-SFO later this summer. As a Delta gold I was happy to choose KLM. We're traveling with an infant and having read all the fine print on KLM's website it looks like requesting a CarryCot is quite straightforward. (link here: https://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/pre...n/index.htm#p5).

Delta was happy to make the request and I can see on my itinerary that the request is in there. So I made the reservation. Non-refundable, of course.

However, I wanted to double check so I asked KLM on twitter for the request as well (we have had strange experiences with bassinets in the past). Suddenly I was informed that there was a 9 month old age limit to use the cots. Our baby will be 10 months. KLM told me I would be automatically rejected at the gate. I am furious about this because there is NOWHERE on KLM's website where this age limit is mentioned. I could have easily booked the ticket on a Delta plane where the cutoff is 2 years!!!

Now we're going to sitting with a baby on our lap for 14 hours. Not fun for anyone on board.

Can anyone confirm that this policy is correct? Any advice to find a way around this? I would consider paying for a seat for the outbound portion of this trip but changing the ticket at this point is probably a nightmare and not worth it.

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:31 pm

It was close to 2 years ago, but I have requested and received a bassinet for a 10 month old on KLM. I think the only issue you might have is the size of the bassinet itself... it wasn't big enough for our daughter to comfortably stretch out and sleep in, but it was good to hold toys and books.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It's not age that dictates - it's size/weight
Attached Images  
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Thanks guys! So maybe I'm crazy? The thing is I asked the KLM agent on Twitter two times and this guy told me "sorry, if she's older than 9 months you will be rejected". Are you saying this guy was wrong? Hopefully!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Definitely wrong, and probably best to just get someone on the phone if you really want to confirm it. Social media is fast, but sadly not very accurate.
milohoss likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:25 pm

We had first row on economy comfort. I was explicitly told that a 14 month old baby wasn’t allowed in the bassinet. The crew had a better solution. They put the bassinet in front of us on the ground. Was very tight, but baby slept like a rose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.