AMS Airside Lockers Non Schengen to Schengen

Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
AMS Airside Lockers Non Schengen to Schengen

Flying TLV-AMS-MUC in a few weeks with a 6 hour layover in AMS. Many years ago, I used the airside lockers at AMS but since most of the threads I saw here when I searched on this topic were from several years ago, I wanted to check with the community if they are still there and if so, where?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
https://www.schiphol.nl/en/facilitie...-term-storage/
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks - guessing they are still in fact in operation then as I remember reading a few years ago they were considering removing them for security reasons.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing can get airside without being screened, whether at AMS itself, or at a "trusted" airport from where AMS does not require re-screening of arriving passengers and their luggage.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Up until a few years ago that was possible (although one might argue that it wasn't strictly "airside" then), so that's where that info might be from.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used these lockers every now and then years ago. On several occasions I returned to find the the locker had been opened by the KMar, and the contents inspected.

Johan
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Update

Came through immigration to the Schengen area only to discover that the lockers are no longer in use on the Schengen side. Had to exit the airport and store bags outside security.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I last passed through the Schengen Lounge 1 a few weeks ago, the bank of lockers was where it always was - outside the News & Books store, and opposite the Mediterranean sandwich bar.

When you say "no longer in use" do you mean that they have been removed, or were somehow marked as out of service?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:39 am
Original Poster

I went to the Schengen area airport information desk to ask where the lockers were and the lady at the desk told me they are no longer in use for security reasons. Did she make that up?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do think she may have been mistaken. The Schiphol website still indicates that there are airside lockers in both Lounges 1 and 3, as well as those airside.

I'm not due to pass through the Schengen part of the airport within the next 6 weeks or so but perhaps someone else reading this thread, and who knows where they are, might like to check and post whether they are now somehow inoperative or removed.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by NYTA
I went to the Schengen area airport information desk to ask where the lockers were and the lady at the desk told me they are no longer in use for security reasons. Did she make that up?
Weren't that the ones landside?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KL895
Weren't that the ones landside?
I ended up using the landside ones which were basically manually operated buy a guy with a key but the whole point was that I wanted to go into town with no bags and then not have to come back through security with my bags - especially having done that in the past on a Non-Schengen to non-Schengen itinerary (SFO-AMS-TLV)
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:10 pm

While it's probably too late, considering a TLV-AMS-MUC would require you to go through security with your bags either way, it just seems easier to head out through immigration and put the back in the land-side lockers, otherwise one needs to go through security twice.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I may be missing something here but why did you not use the lockers beside MacDonalds upstairs in the Non Schengen area. You could have just went through the immigration between Schengen / Non Schengen (as long as you have suitable visa). Much easier than going through security again.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Billyfergus
I may be missing something here but why did you not use the lockers beside MacDonalds upstairs in the Non Schengen area. You could have just went through the immigration between Schengen / Non Schengen (as long as you have suitable visa). Much easier than going through security again.
Not sure I can go through immigration to get from Landside to the Non-Schengen area when I only have an ongoing ticket for within the Schengen area (AMS-MUC). I'd have to get two passport stamps just to get my luggage? Also, given how long the line at immigration was to enter the Schengen area from the Non-Schengen area as a non-European passport holder it was much faster to just go through security with my bags. Can't imagine how long it would take to go through immigration twice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.