Back to gold due to weather

Old Dec 26, 17, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by jochen_vdk View Post
After 10+ years of Platinum I missed requalification this year because of all the cancellations in December.

I would qualify both on miles and on segments, I was 6-7 segments short of Platinum and had 20 flight segments cancelled this month.

I was absolutely shocked with the level of indifference from KLM staff. They can not credit miles for flights I have not taken was the answer, and if there is anything else they can do for me.

Thank you, KLM. Not that I was attached to my plat status, it brings nothing more than gold. But still, I had expected some kind of flexibility. Do I ask too much?
Did you manage to convince the airline, to stay plat?
Welcome to Gold Elite

Last edited by Mcflyneo; Mar 15, 18 at 4:23 pm
Old Dec 27, 17, 8:15 am
fkl

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by jochen_vdk View Post
I had one year of gold in between because I got a baby and I travelled less.
https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/fly...s/platinum.htm says "Maintain your membership level during maternity leave⁸" with Footnote "One request per maternity leave, to be submitted after membership level is lost." - not sure whether you were aware and tried that
Old Dec 27, 17, 11:59 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
I thought that only counted for actual maternity leave, not just "travelled less because [my wife] had a baby"
Old Dec 27, 17, 1:53 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by fkl View Post
https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/fly...s/platinum.htm says "Maintain your membership level during maternity leave⁸" with Footnote "One request per maternity leave, to be submitted after membership level is lost." - not sure whether you were aware and tried that
Surely if membership level is lost, then that interrupts the 10 year continuous platinum needed for LTPE? I did ask them on Facebook about this once upon a time but got a pretty much non-answer. At least with the upcoming changes you can effectively bank extra segments as well as miles now...