SEA-AMS-ZYR with stop in Antwerp - OK to disembark?

Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Hm, okay, possible too. Just heard that she asked in Dutch on the phone if the other person could confirm we did the segment.

Originally Posted by CyBeR

Outsize luggage?
Nah, I was unclear, ment check-in and baggage drop. Long lines at the normal counters.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by KL895
Can you elaborate on what they'd check? Aside from picking up the ticket itself (which can easily be checked digitally), it's not like the ticket inspectors tick off the names of passengers actually present in the train, right?
For a couple of years Thalys has been providing KL with a dataflow from its own ticketing system. Once a ticket is scanned by a ticket inspector, KL can know.
Not sure for the IC trains though.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

As it turned out, my plans changed, and I am not currently booking this itinerary. But I'll keep this discussion in mind for the future.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Nico40
For a couple of years Thalys has been providing KL with a dataflow from its own ticketing system. Once a ticket is scanned by a ticket inspector, KL can know.
Not sure for the IC trains though.
Interesting, thanks!

Which now makes me wonder if it is "can know" (if they really want to find out and go after it actively), or "does know" via an actively linked system?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.