Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali volcano

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Global Entry, TSA Pre√
We cancelled our trip. Bummer, but that's better than getting stuck somewhere playing a waiting game. It sounds like all surrounding airports (Jakarta, Singapore, etc) are starting to have backup from people waiting to get in/out of Bali. So far we have been very lucky with canceling various reservations with no penalty. Delta claims I will have my 100% refund for the KLM legs within seven days. A separate couple of legs booked on Garuda Indonesia are proving a little more of a hassle, but having gone through this with them before I believe I will eventually get refunded. I heard Bali airport opened today, but that could change at any moment and KLM still won't fly at night near the ash (our flights were scheduled night flights).

Last edited by TWAnonrev; Dec 1, 2017 at 7:01 am
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:21 am

I'm just up the road in Jakarta, and have finished work earlier than planned. I contacted the VIP section at FB, but they advised not surprisingly that all earlier flights back are full, with no chance to waitlist on any earlier dates than I'm booked on (Saturday).
Interestingly enough, the advice to me was to not only use online check in but to make sure I got to the airport in very good time, to confirm my seat, despite having a confirmed booking and seat (1A).
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Curently on board KL835 AMS-SIN. DPS leg is canceled and instead got a ticket for S
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Curently on board KL835 AMS-SIN. DPS leg is canceled and instead got a ticket for SQ948 SIN-DPS

108 free seats on KL835..
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:29 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Returned to singapore

last night Sin-DPS leg of KL835 returned to Singapore about 40 minutes from landing in DPS.

singapore groundstaff did thebest but did not have anyone rebooked in the 1:30 minutes before we returned to Singapore. No structured approach to dealing with Business class passengers either it was a free for all.

they rebooked me on SQ flight this morning but given how cautious KLM is to volcanic ash I wasn’t prepared for my Sunday night flight to cancel causing me to miss my Monday morning flight sin-nrt-sfo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.