FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Airside access to other terminals' lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1875951-airside-access-other-terminals-lounges.html)

The_Bouncer Nov 5, 2017 2:45 pm

Airside access to other terminals' lounges

I am on KL571 this Thursday AMS-JRO, which appears to depart from Terminal 2.

I have Priority Pass, which gives me access to Aspire Lounges #26 (T1) and #41 (T3).

Is it possible to access either of these lounges with a flight departing from T2?

troje Nov 5, 2017 2:52 pm

Schiphol is a one terminal building, with Schengen and non-Schengen destinations separated. Aspire lounge 41 is your option, as the other one is in the Schengen part of the airport. From there it's a relatively quick walk to your departure gate.

The_Bouncer Nov 5, 2017 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by troje (Post 29022331)
Schiphol is a one terminal building, with Schengen and non-Schengen destinations separated. Aspire lounge 41 is your option, as the other one is in the Schengen part of the airport. From there it's a relatively quick walk to your departure gate.

Great! Thanks for the quick answer.

Aviatrix Nov 8, 2017 12:03 pm

If you are arriving from a Schengen airport (which your home location suggests you may be) then you can use the lounges either side of the Schengen border. I always use the (KLM) Schengen lounge when I fly from Schengen to the UK because the non-Schengen one is a long way from the gates that UK flights depart from.

The_Bouncer Nov 8, 2017 2:28 pm

Thanks. I arrived today from ZRH (Schengen) and depart tomorrow for JRO.

Aviatrix Nov 8, 2017 3:47 pm

In that case disregard what I said earlier. It only works if you don't go landside.

The_Bouncer Nov 9, 2017 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Aviatrix (Post 29037399)
In that case disregard what I said earlier. It only works if you don't go landside.

All sorted. Thanks. I'm sitting with a coffee in Lounge 41 now!

irishguy28 Nov 9, 2017 2:59 am

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer (Post 29038699)
All sorted. Thanks. I'm sitting with a coffee in Lounge 41 now!

Watch out for the mice! Though it's usually busy in that lounge so they daren't venture out too often.

Have a good flight!

The_Bouncer Nov 9, 2017 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29039022)
Watch out for the mice! Though it's usually busy in that lounge so they daren't venture out too often.

Have a good flight!

Cheers! Kicked back with a beer now in Moshi, Tanzania. Haven't seen a single mouse all day!

troje Nov 9, 2017 2:50 pm

Kilimanjaro. If you can't climb it, drink it!

The_Bouncer Nov 10, 2017 12:40 am

Originally Posted by troje (Post 29041407)
Kilimanjaro. If you can't climb it, drink it!

^