Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM IRROPS urgent advice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:51 am

The aircraft flying KL1745 (and therefore KL1746 on the return) has been accumulating delays since this morning, starting with a delayed AMS-LCY flight, good luck with claiming compensation.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by eyeballer
Probably doesn't matter. They will claim weather affected operations anyway.
Edit: please ignore, this post was based on outdated information.

Well... The aircraft arrived at AMS from NCL with a 36-minute delay, yet it took 2:42 to turn the a/c around at AMS for the flight to LUX, long after the fog had cleared. Even earlier on today when the ripple effects of the fog could have had more of an influence, the a/c was turned around in about an hour and arrived at its destinations with roughly a 45-minute delay.

I'd say there's an argument to be had at the very least, especially with AMS showing an average 5-minute delay at departure at the moment.
My (unfounded) guess is that the crew may have gone over their regulated hours if they had done the flight to LUX.

Last edited by CosmicGirl; Sep 27, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
Well... The aircraft arrived at AMS from NCL with a 36-minute delay, yet it took 2:42 to turn the a/c around at AMS for the flight to LUX, long after the fog had cleared. Even earlier on today when the ripple effects of the fog could have had more of an influence, the a/c was turned around in about an hour and arrived at its destinations with roughly a 45-minute delay.
PH-EZE was not flying to NCL today, it spend about 1h for turn around in AMS after returning from DUB.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto
PH-EZE was not flying to NCL today, it spend about 1h for turn around in AMS after returning from DUB.
When I posted that the KLM site was showing PH-EZC as the aircraft flying the LUX route. It wasn't on Flighradar yet. You are correct, though, they have since updated the reg so please ignore my previous post.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
When I posted that the KLM site was showing PH-EZC as the aircraft flying the LUX route. It wasn't on Flighradar yet. You are correct, though, they have since updated the reg so please ignore my previous post.
The KLM website is often out of date when it comes to aircraft registration
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a bad day there can be a lot of last minute swaps.

A flight I took earlier this week went through five tail number changes in short order.

Johan
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:50 am

The aircraft was taxiing to the runway when I checked, so at that point it was fair to assume that the reg was correct. Guess not.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by 7gui7
I messaged AF's facebook last week due to IRROPS and... still waiting for a reply. Is KL's any better?
Yeah KLM is usually pretty quick. Within 4 hours I would say.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:44 am

I message them on Friday.......still waiting for a response !
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: KL Plat
I messaged them Wednesday I think, finally got a reply overnight last night (for a question regarding a trip last Saturday)... Their social media folks seem rather snowed in there at the moment!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:29 am

Mine was Friday, I got an answer overnight apologizing that they were very busy. They have NEVER got back to me in a reasonable time, and certainly not quick enough to resolve any urgent issues. Can the service, and save a few Euros.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Solevita
Their social media folks seem rather snowed in there at the moment!
All it takes is a few centimeters of snow over a couple of days.

A lucky colleague of mine has now had four flights canceled in a row over the past couple of weeks, including one today for no obvious reason (pilot shortage?). They also managed to lose his bags on two or three of the flights he was rebooked on.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.