Some questions for AMS arrival and departure

Old Sep 3, 17, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Some questions for AMS arrival and departure

I all,
it's a very long time ago that i used AMS for my flights and have a few questions.
We will be arriving on 14 September and leaving again on 25 September all in Business Class.

ARRIVAL:
I will be arriving at one of the G gates around 09:30 on a Wednesday.
Me and my wife (Dutch and Thai) will be staying in the Netherlands.
How is the immigration now organized at G gates / Arrival 4 immigration counters?
Can i take my Thai wife with me to the EU lines (as normal done at other airports) and what is the expected waiting time around that time?

DEPARTURE:
We will be leaving on a Monday around 09:00 from departure 3 (G gates)
We will be able to use the Priority lane (business class) and we have minimal hand luggage.
Is the security around that time/date a little bit normal and are the priority lanes easy to find?
Again for the immigration what can we expect about this?
I believe there is now a separate line for people without much hand luggage ???

Sorry for the questions but as i'm traveling with my wife for about 18 hours i don't like to have unnecessary delays and hassle at AMS.
All information is more then welcome :-)
Old Sep 3, 17, 2:20 pm

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Arrival waiting time is not very easy to predict, long delays or a swift process seem to appear at random in my n=1 experience. I wouldn't expect a lot of delay though. Have your wife with you in the same queue should not give issues, especially since you are Dutch and can explain.

There is a lot of ranting on recent departures, however all my recent experiences from Departures three are good. Minimal waiting time at security, no queues at the passport control. Your wife probably can't make use of the automated passport control gates, so that might take a few minutes longer. The queue for minimal hand luggage is only for normal passengers, not priority.
Old Sep 11, 17, 9:02 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by troje View Post
Arrival waiting time is not very easy to predict, long delays or a swift process seem to appear at random in my n=1 experience. I wouldn't expect a lot of delay though. Have your wife with you in the same queue should not give issues, especially since you are Dutch and can explain.

There is a lot of ranting on recent departures, however all my recent experiences from Departures three are good. Minimal waiting time at security, no queues at the passport control. Your wife probably can't make use of the automated passport control gates, so that might take a few minutes longer. The queue for minimal hand luggage is only for normal passengers, not priority.
I can confirm that my recent experience using departures 3 at around 0700 on a Friday it was empty, Privium was of no advantage at security. Priority lane is easy to find, scan boarding passes at the priority entrances, then turn right up the escalator and priority lane is on the right. Though I used Privium, the immigration lines, looked very short.