Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton showers (day pass)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Sheraton showers (day pass)

Sheraton at Schiphol offers day passes to use its spa, which also includes showers and changing rooms.

Has anyone used them? I have a trip coming up, where I'll be for two days in a sweat and dirt, then jump on the flight, arrive to AMS at 8am, and go to a meeting straight, so I wanted to use the facility.

However, I am not sure whether the showers and changing rooms are private, or communal (as is typical in Dutch spa's, even the high-end ones). Anyone with experience? Many thanks in advance!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by ok986
Sheraton at Schiphol offers day passes to use its spa, which also includes showers and changing rooms.

Has anyone used them? I have a trip coming up, where I'll be for two days in a sweat and dirt, then jump on the flight, arrive to AMS at 8am, and go to a meeting straight, so I wanted to use the facility.

However, I am not sure whether the showers and changing rooms are private, or communal (as is typical in Dutch spa's, even the high-end ones). Anyone with experience? Many thanks in advance!
Can not tell you that, have you checked the website or emailed the hotel direct?

You can also shower before customs in KLM Crown lounge (if you have access Status or paid)

Or at the 2 hotels before customs

Yotel €15 or the Mecure hotel €19,50
https://www.schiphol.nl/nl/facilitei...-voor-vertrek/
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
Can not tell you that, have you checked the website or emailed the hotel direct?

You can also shower before customs in KLM Crown lounge (if you have access Status or paid)

Or at the 2 hotels before customs

Yotel €15 or the Mecure hotel €19,50
https://www.schiphol.nl/nl/facilitei...-voor-vertrek/
Arriving from a Schengen destination; and was repeatedly told by KLM Lounge staff that the Schengen lounge is not offering services to arrival guests...
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Question answered by e-mailing Sheraton

For the record, the answer is - while there is division between men's and women's facilities, there are no closed cabins in either showers or changing rooms.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ok986
was repeatedly told by KLM Lounge staff that the Schengen lounge is not offering services to arrival guests...
It does, as long as you are PE.

Johan
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by johan rebel
It does, as long as you are PE.

Johan
..as long as you're PE and have loads of time. It's not exceptional that waiting times for showers in both KLM Schengen and non-Schengen are 45mins or more.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by arjen05
..as long as you're PE and have loads of time. It's not exceptional that waiting times for showers in both KLM Schengen and non-Schengen are 45mins or more.
Depends on when you fly in. I am normally on the early NWI flight and then I normally do not have the problem in 52. If it is a very long wait... I go to Mecure and take a shower there. It is actually nicer and only €19,50
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
Depends on when you fly in. I am normally on the early NWI flight and then I normally do not have the problem in 52. If it is a very long wait... I go to Mecure and take a shower there. It is actually nicer and only €19,50
Yeah, that would be my preferred option, if I came from a non-Schengen destination...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.