Wiki Posts
Search

Crown Lounge access with kids?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Crown Lounge access with kids?

I am a platinum elite and I am flying on Xiamen with my wife and 2 kids both younger then 13 years.

We are in economy and was wondering if I can bring my kids into the Crown Lounge in AMS. Or do they have to wait outside...
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:17 am

I've been bringing my daughter in since she was a few months old... She is now a few months over 2 and was most recently there on Tuesday.

I can't answer whether or not you would have to pay a supplement for the kids, since in our case we had always been on business class tickets.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Yes you can, outside of peak hours. https://insideflyer.nl/loungetoegang...blue-platinum/

Last edited by KLflyerRalph; Aug 13, 2017 at 8:58 am
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Ralph is correct. Normally no limits apply but due to construction, you can't guest anyone during peak hours.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Thanks for the reply, we will see. The kids want to trade houses in the lounge.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
The kids want to trade houses in the lounge.
Wouldn't that be tantamount to the gate agents serving hard liquor to minors?

Johan
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: FB plat for life
As per the KLM website:

* Flying Blue Platinum members can take their children aged 0-18 for free into the KLM Crown Lounges at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol when they are travelling on the same flight. Platinum members travelling on the same flight with their children aged 18-24 receive a discounted access rate of €15 or 3,000 Miles per child.
In the KLM non-Schengen Crown Lounge 52 at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol:
- The guests of our Flying Blue Platinum and Flying Blue Gold members are welcome as always except during peak hours (every morning between 07:30 and 11:00 hours).
- The guests of the Ultimate, Skipper and C2000 customers are always welcome in the lounge.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Wouldn't that be tantamount to the gate agents serving hard liquor to minors?

Johan
I believe they empty the booze when handing them to minors ;-)
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: KL Platinum
Apologies for reviving an old thread but was searching for enlightenment on this forum. Was just challenged on access when bringing in my two young children and wife into the Schengen lounge (empty at 05:40 on a Saturday morning) none of whom are Elite Plus. Access was even confirmed on the KLM app (green tick under the lounge access) but they still made a fuss, took screen captures of the confirmation on my phone and told me they would let me in on exception. So unpleasant.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Victor88
Apologies for reviving an old thread but was searching for enlightenment on this forum. Was just challenged on access when bringing in my two young children and wife into the Schengen lounge (empty at 05:40 on a Saturday morning) none of whom are Elite Plus. Access was even confirmed on the KLM app (green tick under the lounge access) but they still made a fuss, took screen captures of the confirmation on my phone and told me they would let me in on exception. So unpleasant.
You were right to insist, you can bring 1 guest and your kids if they are under 18yo.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Victor88
(empty at 05:40 on a Saturday morning)
Sheesh!

Traveling with kids at that time of day can be enough of a challenge, the last thing you want is to have to play Dungeons & Lounge Dragons with a bunch of characters who don't know the rules.

Johan
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Access for guests is restricted in the non-Schengen lounge during the renovation, not in the Schengen lounge. And only from 7:30 am. LD applying the wrong rules clearly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.