Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing person

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Missing person

My partner who is British and 29 years old was booked on a flight into schilpol airport from Istanbul on the 4 th of June , where he had a stop over of 13 hours at schipol . His flight was booked for around 7am to fly into Southampton uk on the 5 th of June We have heard nothing from him , he isn't at his residence , his phone is going straight to answer and there has been no social media activity since the last message on the 4 th of June I received to say he was waiting in his hotel foyer in Istanbul for a taxi to pick him up which was around 1 pm Turkish time . This is totally out of character I have tried speaking to Southampton airport but they cannot release any passenger information ..if anyone could give me any advice on how to speak to The Dutch airlines and whether they have any procedure on how to trace missing passengers I would be so grateful . The next step is to report him as a missing person Many thanks in advance
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Missmedina
My partner who is British and 29 years old was booked on a flight into schilpol airport from Istanbul on the 4 th of June , where he had a stop over of 13 hours at schipol . His flight was booked for around 7am to fly into Southampton uk on the 5 th of June We have heard nothing from him , he isn't at his residence , his phone is going straight to answer and there has been no social media activity since the last message on the 4 th of June I received to say he was waiting in his hotel foyer in Istanbul for a taxi to pick him up which was around 1 pm Turkish time . This is totally out of character I have tried speaking to Southampton airport but they cannot release any passenger information ..if anyone could give me any advice on how to speak to The Dutch airlines and whether they have any procedure on how to trace missing passengers I would be so grateful . The next step is to report him as a missing person Many thanks in advance
Could he be tired? Or otherwise recovering from the trip?

If it's been 2 days, I'd certainly consider talking to the police, and see if they can see if he made his flights or not.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Could he be tired? Or otherwise recovering from the trip?

If it's been 2 days, I'd certainly consider talking to the police, and see if they can see if he made his flights or not.
we live very close to the airport around 15 minutes , have been to his property , he isn't in there , have exhausted most options now , so hopefully now the police can help Thankyou for your reply
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Missmedina
..if anyone could give me any advice on how to speak to The Dutch airlines and whether they have any procedure on how to trace missing passengers I would be so grateful . The next step is to report him as a missing person Many thanks in advance
No airline will give you the information you seek, due to privacy concerns.

The police is the next and immediate option, they are able to get that info if they deem it required for the Investigation.
You might give the embassy in Turkey a call, maybe they have a way to check local hospitals and/or police for a missing person.

Good luck.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:02 pm

Talk to the Police (marechaussee) at district Schiphol. They might be able to check with the carrier if he arrived and/or transited. UK Consulate in Ankara shoud salso be able to help.

https://www.defensie.nl/organisatie/marechaussee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.