FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Disappointing interior KLM A333 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1840612-disappointing-interior-klm-a333.html)

Mcflyneo May 4, 2017 8:14 am

Disappointing interior KLM A333

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just spoke to a friend who flew a KLM airbus 330-300 and was very dissatisfied with the seats and IFE, flown in comfort(!).
This is a clear would-not-recommend experience.

On the other hand, the outbound flight was a 1y/o DL A333 which had better seats(duh-i know because it's new) and better IFE(menu, choices) and was very satisfied with DL.

Anybody else have this experience?

I've only flown the 332/333 of TK and really like flying the long haul Airbus because of it.

irishguy28 May 4, 2017 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Mcflyneo (Post 28266645)
Just spoke to a friend who flew a KLM airbus 330-300 and was very dissatisfied with the seats and IFE, flown in comfort(!).
This is a clear would-not-recommend experience.

The seat pitch and width on KLM and Delta A330s is practically identical - in Economy or in Economy Comfort/Delta Comfort+ - so can you be more specific about why the seat experience was so different?

caliform May 4, 2017 9:10 am

If you're talking about the business cabin, I'd agree it's outdated. The economy section is pretty par for the course, as far as transatlantic products go.

Mcflyneo May 4, 2017 9:27 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 28266753)
The seat pitch and width on KLM and Delta A330s is practically identical - in Economy or in Economy Comfort/Delta Comfort+ - so can you be more specific about why the seat experience was so different?

The cushion was hard, and my friend kept sliding from one side to the other(sounds hilarious) and the games on DL IFE were more interesting. Furthermore, DL had a touchscreen and KL didn't. Is it true KL still has an IFE armrest remote?

caliform May 4, 2017 9:30 am

Depends on the type and age of the plane.

Mcflyneo May 4, 2017 9:40 am

Originally Posted by caliform (Post 28266974)
Depends on the type and age of the plane.

The KL plane is from 27. Feb 2013.

caliform May 4, 2017 9:46 am

In the A330s of that era it will indeed have an IFE remote. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think all other long-haul craft now have touchscreen seatback IFE (773/2, 789, 747/C).

Mcflyneo May 4, 2017 11:21 am

Originally Posted by caliform (Post 28267051)
... I think all other long-haul craft now have touchscreen seatback IFE (773/2, 789, 747/C).

I can recall those being refurbished, indeed.

Mirk May 4, 2017 12:06 pm

KLM's A330 are quite horrible but I have hope it will improve once they refit them.
I especially have in mind the HUGE IFE boxes under some seats dividing the space by 2 in Y.

rfrn May 4, 2017 6:13 pm

747 has been refurbished but the IFE is still pretty sub-par. Think it uses a remote in economy and the screen is quite small. In business the resolution isn't good and there's a clear difference between the 747 IFE and the 777 IFE. Haven't flown the 787 yet but since it's newer i'd assume it's good.

FrancisBegbie May 5, 2017 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Mcflyneo (Post 28266960)
The cushion was hard, and my friend kept sliding from one side to the other(sounds hilarious) and the games on DL IFE were more interesting. Furthermore, DL had a touchscreen and KL didn't. Is it true KL still has an IFE armrest remote?

And in my experience the wine served in Y at DL resembled vinegar, whereas KL's is acceptable. So I order a beer now when flying DL. There are always going to be small differences between carriers.

So it all sounds like a bunch of first world problems to me. Who cares about the games in the IFE? Bring your ipad/laptop for your own game of choice if you care about anything more interesting than Patience.

irishguy28 May 5, 2017 8:32 am

I hate touchscreens in economy! And unless you like having the back of your seat kicked continuously, I don't see why anyone would think a touchscreen to be a good thing.

caliform May 5, 2017 8:35 am

Originally Posted by rfrn (Post 28269408)
747 has been refurbished but the IFE is still pretty sub-par. Think it uses a remote in economy and the screen is quite small. In business the resolution isn't good and there's a clear difference between the 747 IFE and the 777 IFE. Haven't flown the 787 yet but since it's newer i'd assume it's good.

Both J and Y IFEs in the 787 are without a doubt the best, but honestly, having your own laptop and / or iPad is almost always better.

irishguy28 May 5, 2017 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Mcflyneo (Post 28266960)
The cushion was hard, and my friend kept sliding from one side to the other(sounds hilarious) and the games on DL IFE were more interesting.

Is your friend a child? I don't see how an adult could 'slide from side to side' in an economy seat.

Ber2dca May 5, 2017 1:42 pm

Everyone knows the J in KLM's 330s is shameful. In Y, Delta's seats are a touch wider for sure. But if the friend of the OP had a problem with sliding from side to side on the KLM plane, I have a feeling he would not benefit from a wider seat.