Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointing interior KLM A333

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Is your friend a child? I don't see how an adult could 'slide from side to side' in an economy seat.
Lol no. Adult male.

Originally Posted by Ber2dca
Everyone knows the J in KLM's 330s is shameful. In Y, Delta's seats are a touch wider for sure. But if the friend of the OP had a problem with sliding from side to side on the KLM plane, I have a feeling he would not benefit from a wider seat.
So basically it would have been worse upgrading to C Just uncomfortable i guess.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I hate touchscreens in economy! And unless you like having the back of your seat kicked continuously, I don't see why anyone would think a touchscreen to be a good thing.
+1. Couldn't agree more!
Old May 5, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
My flights with KLM have generally been better than flights on DL. The IFE can vary from plane to plane, but I've never been disappointed with KLM.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

I prefer to avoid the KL A333 in that case.

Last edited by Mcflyneo; May 10, 2017 at 4:38 am
Old May 15, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, United 1k
Originally Posted by rfrn
747 has been refurbished but the IFE is still pretty sub-par. Think it uses a remote in economy and the screen is quite small. In business the resolution isn't good and there's a clear difference between the 747 IFE and the 777 IFE. Haven't flown the 787 yet but since it's newer i'd assume it's good.
just got off a KL 777 and 747 in J. 747 is still the old push button remote, and the screen itself is not a touchscreen.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by rfrn
747 has been refurbished but the IFE is still pretty sub-par. Think it uses a remote in economy and the screen is quite small. In business the resolution isn't good and there's a clear difference between the 747 IFE and the 777 IFE. Haven't flown the 787 yet but since it's newer i'd assume it's good.
It uses a remote in business too. The thing with the 744/74M is that they replaced the business class seats but did not change anything else. That is, the Y seating is still the same and, as such, so is the IFE. (To replace one IFE system, you also need to replace the other.) So it's a non-touchscreen, SD system (but with the same-size screen as in the 777.)

Presumably, when the A330s are refitted, they will also get the new Y seats and thus a new IFE.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jacket1
just got off a KL 777 and 747 in J. 747 is still the old push button remote, and the screen itself is not a touchscreen.
thanks! Disappointing..

Last edited by Mcflyneo; Mar 15, 2018 at 4:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.