KLM: Avro RJ85 Avroliner - AMS-HAM

Old Apr 25, 17, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum, IHG: Spire, SIXT: Platinum
KLM: Avro RJ85 Avroliner - AMS-HAM

Hello people,

this is my first post in this forum. Happy to be here!

I just booked a flight from Amsterdam to Hamburg. Usually this trip is operated with an Embraer or 737, but this time it shows that it will be a Avro RJ85 Avroliner (which I rather enjoy since I have not flown with this aircraft). But I did not know that KLM/Cityhopper also operates with this airplane. Do you have more information?

Best regards,
nusse
Old Apr 25, 17, 4:17 am

http://www.blog.cityjet.com/klm

CityJet will also operate a number of existing flights to Birmingham, Hamburg, Bordeaux and Belfast on behalf of KLM.
Welcome to the forum, hope you stick around and share your travel experiences with us.
Old Apr 25, 17, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Oh, lovely! That is exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks for the quick answer and the warm welcome
Old Apr 25, 17, 5:58 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Cityjet Avros are awful by the way, 6 abreast seating in a plane designed for 5....
Old Apr 25, 17, 8:54 am

Programs: FB Elite
Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
Cityjet Avros are awful by the way, 6 abreast seating in a plane designed for 5....
Agreed. For the short hop to AMS-LCY it's bearable, but the thought of getting - say - your KL Cityhopper E90 substituted with an Avro on a flight to Bordeaux would ruin my good mood.
Old Apr 28, 17, 6:49 pm

I probably should be keeping this as my secret, but... the best seats are 15A, 16A and 17A. They're two abreast, and there is space between you and the window. 15C, 16C and 17C are good too., though the window seats are better.
Old Jun 22, 17, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
I probably should be keeping this as my secret, but... the best seats are 15A, 16A and 17A. They're two abreast, and there is space between you and the window. 15C, 16C and 17C are good too., though the window seats are better.
Should've read that earlier ..
Worst flight in a long long time! Horrible, worn, stuffed and old airplane. 1,5 hour standing on the runway with a barely working airco due to a problem with printing the load-sheet (or sth?).
Bad staff (cityjet) and quite a bumpy flight.

People, try to avoid to fly with klm when they let cityjet operate
Old Jun 23, 17, 7:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That's a real shame if CityJet is as bad as that. Haven't flown with them since they left AF. There's not a lot, if anything, in British aviation that I could describe as remotely 'nice' these days. So I placed my hope in lesser carriers, such as bmi Regional, Monarch, Eastern Airways, plus not a lot else. Loganar, anyone?
Old Jun 23, 17, 10:57 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Accor Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nusse View Post
Should've read that earlier ..
Worst flight in a long long time! Horrible, worn, stuffed and old airplane. 1,5 hour standing on the runway with a barely working airco due to a problem with printing the load-sheet (or sth?).
Bad staff (cityjet) and quite a bumpy flight.

People, try to avoid to fly with klm when they let cityjet operate
I tried those cityjet Avro once for the sake of doing it once in my life but I'm happy I recently managed to avoid it on a BHX-AMS segment.
I was ok doing it for a LCY-DUB but not when I can fly on a E190/737 with exit row or EC.
Old Jun 27, 17, 11:32 am

Programs: KL Platinum, BA Silver
Those planes are not comfortable at all. AMS-HAM last week was not a great exeperince for many reasons but one thing about the Avro that is quite amusing is when you see people trying work out how to store anything in the overhead lockers from Row 5 to Row 10..

Search this Thread