Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to the Crown Lounge at Schiphol during Renovations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: FB Platinum
They haven't confirmed anything, but the trend is speaking for it self I am afraid. I have been travelling more AF than KLM lately, and assume I will switch to AF completely if the Crown Lounge is cut down. The AF lounges at CDG seems to still be a pri 1 for AFKL.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by KLBGO
They haven't confirmed anything, but the trend is speaking for it self I am afraid. I have been travelling more AF than KLM lately, and assume I will switch to AF completely if the Crown Lounge is cut down. The AF lounges at CDG seems to still be a pri 1 for AFKL.
This would be very poor IMO and I won't hesitate to let KLM CS know that I'll also be switching to AF - hopefully others will do the same which might see a change if it does materialise. Even BAEC silver members get hot food at LHR and if FB plats have to pay at AMS then someone at KLM made a very bad call.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:37 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Saint4805
This would be very poor IMO and I won't hesitate to let KLM CS know that I'll also be switching to AF - hopefully others will do the same which might see a change if it does materialise. Even BAEC silver members get hot food at LHR and if FB plats have to pay at AMS then someone at KLM made a very bad call.
I am not sure why telling them that you are swtiching to AF will change anything because they are basically 1 group (yes, there are some rift between them). Also, if your home airport or end airport is always AMS, even with AF, you will have no other option besides using the lounge unless you skip it completely when taking your feeder AF flight to connect to your long haul flight (assumption here).
Only effective way would be to inform them that if it does happen, you will move your business to *A or OW - especially in 2019 when there will be a *A lounge at AMS and seeing what they have at the FCO *A lounge (which is miles ahead of the AZ lounges - even the Casa Alitalia lounges, I have high hopes of the one here at AMS.

Cheers!
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Also, if your home airport or end airport is always AMS, even with AF, you will have no other option besides using the lounge
Or else just join Privium, and you can stop worrying about what goes on in the KL lounges.

Johan
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
I am not sure why telling them that you are swtiching to AF will change anything because they are basically 1 group (yes, there are some rift between them). Also, if your home airport or end airport is always AMS, even with AF, you will have no other option besides using the lounge unless you skip it completely when taking your feeder AF flight to connect to your long haul flight (assumption here).
Only effective way would be to inform them that if it does happen, you will move your business to *A or OW - especially in 2019 when there will be a *A lounge at AMS and seeing what they have at the FCO *A lounge (which is miles ahead of the AZ lounges - even the Casa Alitalia lounges, I have high hopes of the one here at AMS.

Cheers!
My home airport isn't AMS and I usually have the option to fly via AMS or CDG and so if this change materializes then I'll simply travel via CDG assuming flight times and fares are acceptable. I may even switch to BA because the lounge experience matters a lot to me, probably more than any other platinum benefit. In any event, I'm not making any rash decisions and will wait and see how the new lounge experience is first - hopefully it's really great.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL

Cheers!
*A lounge in AMS next year? Do you have any reference for this?

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Or else just join Privium, and you can stop worrying about what goes on in the KL lounges.

Johan
I second this. It remains to be seen if the boss will pay for my card for the next year (not much work flying expected, at least Q1 and Q2), but the card has brought me so much joy this year I won't hesitate to pay for it myself if needed.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
*A lounge in AMS next year? Do you have any reference for this?
Here you go.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Where is this new lounge? I'm in 52 right now... since it will be non-Schengen will be around here somewhere when they open?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:07 am

It is the same lounge in the same location, it is simply being renovated/expanded.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by bworrell
Where is this new lounge? I'm in 52 right now... since it will be non-Schengen will be around here somewhere when they open?
Do you know whether the first part of the renovation is already done or have you not noticed anything? Was supposed to finish in December but haven’t seen any updates yet.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by dbndb

Do you know whether the first part of the renovation is already done or have you not noticed anything? Was supposed to finish in December but haven’t seen any updates yet.
First part of the renovations should have been done. Showers were a little bit more accessible last time I was there.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Good news, here's the first photos and details of the new lounge! Caution: Dutch.

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieu...m-crown-lounge
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
Good news, here's the first photos and details of the new lounge! Caution: Dutch.

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieu...m-crown-lounge
Thank you for posting. I will be flying on Friday and hope to see a bit of it by then.

I read that they will be introducing paid services in addition to the 'free' services (such as an additional a-la-carte-restaurant), I was dissapointed when I read this, I haven't experienced this before in other lounges. I'd be curious to hear if other airlines have this as well or if KLM is the first airline to introduce this a-la-carte-restaurant that you'd have to pay for.
Mirk likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Well... I guess I answered my own question earlier about the new lounge. It has opened as of this morning Dec 12th. I mentioned this in the "House of KLM" thread, so not sure which thread I should be posting to.

Here's the parts that are still not available...

City: Must be in the old lounge area -- although they have several food stations around.
Blue Restaurant: This is in an upper area I think above the old lounge. The Blue Bar sure is nice though. I've posted pictures on the other thread.
Sea: All in the old lounge. There are no showers available now... they said there are four available in the Mercure hotel, but obviously those will have a long waiting list.

Last edited by bworrell; Dec 11, 2018 at 11:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.