A330 - new configurations?

Old Apr 2, 17, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
A330 - new configurations?

Hi All,

Not sure if I missed it, but was browsing the seatmaps on the KLM website and saw that they have 2 A330-200 configuration (since recently). The difference is the decrease in WBC cabin.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Does anyone else have more information? I thought most A330's are expected to leave the fleet within the coming few years.

Thanks, Gajan
Old Apr 2, 17, 3:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Interesting. Looks like an easy retrofit to do, too. Looking forward to seeing the A330 leave service.
Old Apr 2, 17, 3:43 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory
https://www.upinthesky.nl/2016/11/16...oelen-in-a330/

Already in the planning for a few months, with a "quick fix" first (reduce J and increase Y), followed by a more thorough update with the introduction of lie-flat J.

I am scheduled to fly a 332 in July, which already shows the reduced number of J seats.
Old Apr 3, 17, 12:45 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by KL895 View Post
https://www.upinthesky.nl/2016/11/16...oelen-in-a330/

Already in the planning for a few months, with a "quick fix" first (reduce J and increase Y), followed by a more thorough update with the introduction of lie-flat J.

I am scheduled to fly a 332 in July, which already shows the reduced number of J seats.
Thanks for sharing!
Old Jul 25, 17, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does anyone know which A332 have already been converted to the interim layout with less WBC?
Old Jul 26, 17, 2:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Just booked 8 promo award tickets in Y to SXM in oct.17 and we are all in EC and that is the new configuration as we are all sitting before the wing which is nice. Must still be the old chairs in WBC.

But there is a difference even in the new configuration. Row 6 is different in both flights!

Last edited by Meneer Guggenheimer; Jul 26, 17 at 2:22 am Reason: add pictures
Old Jul 26, 17, 8:28 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
A330-200 vs A330-300?
Old Jul 28, 17, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
A330-200 vs A330-300?
Negative, the cabin of the A333 isn't changed. WBC consist of 1 part only (five rows and 6 a breast). That hasn't changed.
Old Aug 8, 17, 3:20 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Any update on the upgrade to the 332?!

I'm really in a pickle. I can go YUL - CDG - AMS on the AF Dreamliner, which leaves at 16:50 so will be very hard to really get some sleep. Flight is only 7 hours.

Or I can go YUL - AMS with KL on a 332. It leaves at 18:45. I do mostly prefer a direct flight (and a new house ), but still...choosing the oldest over the newest seat.... argh
Old Aug 8, 17, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway View Post
Any update on the upgrade to the 332?!

I'm really in a pickle. I can go YUL - CDG - AMS on the AF Dreamliner, which leaves at 16:50 so will be very hard to really get some sleep. Flight is only 7 hours.

Or I can go YUL - AMS with KL on a 332. It leaves at 18:45. I do mostly prefer a direct flight (and a new house ), but still...choosing the oldest over the newest seat.... argh
If it was me booking, I'd take the AF option... will you be able to get any sleep anyway if you get a slippery slope A332? Can you take KL AMS-YUL and AF YUL-CDG-AMS? Then you get a house and a decent seat on the day flight, plus a great seat and cabin atmosphere for the night flight?
Old Aug 9, 17, 6:25 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by YYCCL3 View Post
If it was me booking, I'd take the AF option... will you be able to get any sleep anyway if you get a slippery slope A332? Can you take KL AMS-YUL and AF YUL-CDG-AMS? Then you get a house and a decent seat on the day flight, plus a great seat and cabin atmosphere for the night flight?
Funny thing is that I didn't had that much trouble sleeping in the slippery slope. I've had less sleep in the Diamond seat actually. I booked the direct flight after all. On the outbound I'm flying DL to Boston. We're driving through Vermont and then fly back from Montreal.

I'll try the Dreamliner later in the year...
Old Aug 10, 17, 4:24 am

deleted

Last edited by Max Apotowski; Aug 10, 17 at 8:53 am
Old Aug 10, 17, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Max Apotowski View Post
I'm flying AMS-MIA in December and January on the A330. Do they really still fly with planes that have that totally outdated business class product?
No, they drive them across the Atlantic.

Yes, of course they do. I don't think it's known yet when they will start replacing those seats with the New WBC diamond seats, but maybe you'll get lucky.
Old Aug 10, 17, 6:30 am
Used to be guidogh

I heared A330 pilots have been informed that whole interior will be updated starten end of this year. So when will it be ready? I guess in a year or so..
Old Aug 10, 17, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Hollandair View Post
I heared A330 pilots have been informed that whole interior will be updated starten end of this year. So when will it be ready? I guess in a year or so..
The 777s were converted at a rate of about one per month, so it'll take a bit more probably assuming each airframe will take roughly the same about of time and there are 13 of them to do, with th first of each type probably requiring some sort of certification taking extra time.

Search this Thread