Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Priority Security check at Schiphol

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by caliform
It'll be far more than that. It's a long holiday season until the end of summer.

Oh, by the way, Privium did not get to skip the line Friday.
Even less motivating to become Privium..
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Yes, I was about to purchase it myself, but it seems when the going gets bad, they tell Privium to queue with everyone else. Great benefit, Schiphol, thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Can I use SP security at Departures 3 if I'm flying both Schengen and non-Schengen? Does KLM have check-in desks there as I ususlly check a bag in? I heard that the KLM lounge is closer and that going through Departures 3 will be faster.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
You are always free to just check your bag at Priority Departures 2, then walk to 3 to clear security there.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
You are always free to just check your bag at Priority Departures 2, then walk to 3 to clear security there.
Thanks. Is there SP security at 3?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
There is, but you may only use it for non-Schengen destinations. If you're flying to a Schengen destination you must use security in departures 1 or 1a.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
From Twitter, this is the queue for Schengen departures from Departures 1 tonight, reportedly with a single lane open at the checkpoint:
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Madness.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:32 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Oh my goodness. Lets hope that Priority is open/allowed at such time..
Also note the huge line upstairs at non-shengen. That's easily an hour wait as well, if not more..

Schiphol has, of course, a brilliant explanation on Twitter:

"It's very busy at the airport. That's because of a few things. More and more people travel by plane, oil prices are decreasing, and planes get bigger and bigger.".

Have they gone mad?! Do they really think we are THAT stupid?

Last edited by Xandrios; Apr 26, 2017 at 2:41 pm
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Do they really think we are THAT stupid?
But don't you see the many the many A380 of KLM Cityhopper parked on the tarmac?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfkne
From Twitter, this is the queue for Schengen departures from Departures 1 tonight
Oh boy!

Guess I should consider myself lucky. Went through T1 "Priority" security at 1.30 p.m. Counted 37 people ahead of me, not including at least four small children and one even smaller designer dog. Don't think I've ever seen it that busy at that time of day. Other "Priority" pax complained to the agent directing traffic that regular pax were being processed a lot faster, but he just shrugged his shoulders. This could easily have been resolved by moving a tensa barrier and allocating an extra checkpoint to "Priority".

For once my bag was not selected for secondary, which was a good thing, as the conveyor belt to secondary was backed up for its entire length.

Did get a pat-down, of course. Interestingly, this time the yellow rectangle was located somewhere in outer space, below my right elbow and some distance from my armpit. I expected the security guy to start frisking the air, but was disappointed.

Total time: 14 minutes.

Johan
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Have they gone mad?!
No, it is just a pathological case of denial.

In an article in the latest issue of Zakenreis, Schiphol brags about its state-of-the-art flow management:

"Soepele passagiersstromen dankzij gebruik van beacons"

The airport has installed 2,000 beacons that register pax movements throughout the airport in realtime.

"Passagiers moeten in een soepele flow vanuit de vertrekhal hun gate kunnen bereiken. Dat noemt Schiphol een no-queue-policy."

Seriously, I'm not making this up, Schiphol prides itself on its sophisticated no queue policy, which is designed to ensure that pax will have sufficient time to go shopping and have a cup of coffee.

"Met het voorspellend vermogen van de wachtrijen zijn we heel ver, met een bandbreedte van een paar minuten."

OK, that's about as bizarre as it gets! The airport claims it can predict waiting times with an acccuracy of a few minutes.

Johan
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Oh boy!

Did get a pat-down, of course. Interestingly, this time the yellow rectangle was located somewhere in outer space, below my right elbow and some distance from my armpit. I expected the security guy to start frisking the air, but was disappointed.

Johan
Heh heh heh.

It's pretty revolting that Schiphol is still pretending like they have any kind of grasp on the situation at present. It's completely out of control.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In another example of Schiphol efficiency, my flight was delayed because the door to the jetway had gone into "security mode", whatever that is. That meant that the cockpit and cabin crew could not board the aircraft. As the captain later explained, it took quite a while to get someone to open the door, because "the airport is very busy". Which, no doubt, caught Schiphol completely by surprise.

In another example of smart planning, the Kaagbaan has been closed for maintenance since March 18, and won't reopen before May 24th. The closure thus coincides perfecty with the Easter and "Mei vacantie" peaks.

We were of course condemned to the Polderbaan, but since the Zwanenburgbaan was now being used for landings, we had to taxi all the way around the northern end of the latter. Longest possible detour to our take-off runway, in other words. Brilliant!

Johan
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
It's completely out of control.
It would be back in control quickly if they started doing the security screening properly and not send 60% of the bags to secondary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.