Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - up to March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:55 am

Credits to KLM for providing some professional and helpful re-booking experience (apart from the phone agent who said it isn't KLM's duty to rebook). On the other hand: bleak experience with Xiamen Airlines customer phone support. Absolutely dreadful, unhelpful and frustrating.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those morning flights still scheduled have all departed now, with delays of an hour or so, if not longer.

A few further flights have been canceled this afternoon, and the departure board is pretty much colored crimson, with only a dozen flights running on time.

Johan
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:05 am

Our (re-booked) flight NUE-AMS (KL1888) just got delayed by 30 minutes, bringing our transit time down to 55 minutes. Is this enough to get to our onward flight?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If everything else goes smoothly, you should be fine.

Johan
altalk08 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The union has declared the strike such a resounding success that it will be repeated, probably later this week.

Johan
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
The union has declared the strike such a resounding success that it will be repeated, probably later this week.

Johan
Wednesday in fact..
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:55 am

Today got my flight CDG-AMS canceled on my KBP-CDG-AMS-LPI iternery. Got rebooked on the direct flight AMS-KBP, but downgraded from Bizz to Eco. Anyway good service and I will come home today. Answered directly on the phone when I called and got rebooked in 5 min. Those times I really appriciate my FBG.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No strikes today, so for the sake of variety ATC suffered a comms problem this morning, leading to the diversion of incoming flights to RTM and GRQ.

That's screwed things up royally.

Johan
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well that will make for a few interesting domestic repositioning flights a bit later!
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About 80 KL departures delayed this morning, including quite a few once by an hour or more. Only four cancelations, though.

Johan
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Interesting concept: Passengers arriving or departing on European flights operated by KLM tomorrow (September 4) that are scheduled to arrive between 7:30 and 10 are not allowed to check bags. If they need to check bags they will be rebooked. At the same time they're asking passengers to take as little hand baggage as possible https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieu...ruimbagage-mee.

Great opportunity to avail themselves of EU261 compensation for those who can travel later by just pretending they need to check their bag.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by johan rebel
No strikes today, so for the sake of variety ATC suffered a comms problem this morning, leading to the diversion of incoming flights to RTM and GRQ.

That's screwed things up royally.

Johan
No strike today? Are you sure? The FA on our KLM flight MAN-AMS this evening told us that there was no food aboard due to industrial action at Schipol this (Tuesday) morning! Muesli bar and water only for all on board...
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Saw it also on KLM:
https://nieuws.klm.com/statement-aan...konderbreking/

Ouch, interesting times for pax & check in agents at Schiphol & EU outer stations.
Especially bad news for pax with luggage that are going home tomorrow from the small EU outer stations
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Gah. En route to AMS now and have a 9:40am flight to MUC tomorrow. Original flight not yet posting any impact so DL/KL unwilling to protect on a later flight.

Any chance things go better tomorrow vs. Monday?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PeteM01
No strike today? Are you sure? The FA on our KLM flight MAN-AMS this evening told us that there was no food aboard due to industrial action at Schipol this (Tuesday) morning! Muesli bar and water only for all on board...
Yes, but that's a different issue, and technically not a strike.

The caterers that supply KL have been working to rule on several occasions recently, causing meal shortages.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.