"House of KLM" - Crown Lounge redesign

Old Jan 26, 17, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA, KL
"House of KLM" - Crown Lounge redesign

Originally Posted by Business Traveller
Over the next two years Dutch airline KLM will redesign and enlarge its international Crown Lounge at Amsterdam Schiphol.

The work will be completed in stages and the Crown Lounge will remain open until the work is completed in the spring of 2019.

Seating capacity will be increased from 800 to 1,400.

KLM says the new lounge is intended “to create the ultimate customer experience. It will receive an entirely new interior design with a completely new look, creating a fresh experience.”
Old Jan 26, 17, 9:57 am

Are they gonna fix the view out of the lounge too?
Old Jan 26, 17, 10:23 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by CyBeR View Post
Are they gonna fix the view out of the lounge too?
For the Intercontinental/non-Schengen lounge I believe (and hope) yes, we will get back our open view to the apron. I based this on the fact that they are not moving, but expanding.
The current boards are due to the reconstruction/renovation that has been ongoing at the airport and the lounge. So another two years or less to look at those "huisjes".

Cheers!
Old Jan 26, 17, 10:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite
Ah, this is lovely. A much needed facelift.
Old Jan 26, 17, 11:29 am

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Looks more in line with the Skyteam lounges.
Old Jan 26, 17, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seating for 1,400 sounds pretty scary.

Johan
Old Jan 26, 17, 2:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
Seating for 1,400 sounds pretty scary.

Johan
Not as scary as a bad day at the non-Schengen lounge nowadays. When fog grounded all flights in December it was like a zoo in there.
Old Jan 26, 17, 2:56 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Accor Gold, IHG Gold
Can they find a way that one doesn't need to walk 20 mins from the D gates to access it ?

I had flight arriving and leaving from the D gates, quite pain to loose so much time to go to the lounge ...
Old Jan 26, 17, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Mirk View Post
Can they find a way that one doesn't need to walk 20 mins from the D gates to access it ?

I had flight arriving and leaving from the D gates, quite pain to loose so much time to go to the lounge ...
You can always go airside in departures 3
There is also a 'shortcut' from departures 2, you can stay on the top floor and take the corridor on the left towards where the first aid is
Old Jan 26, 17, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Nordic Choice Gold

Agree on this. When flying Schengen > UK I use the Schengen Crown Lounge and then go down in the lift to the Schengen border and walk straight to the gate. My flights always go from D6 so not much of a walk.

However, this is not really ideal as the border queues can grow very quickly and it can easily take 10 minutes to get through, even with a EU passport.

The automatic security gates should be helping but only half of these were in operation this afternoon.
Old Jan 26, 17, 6:26 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Accor Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
You can always go airside in departures 3
There is also a 'shortcut' from departures 2, you can stay on the top floor and take the corridor on the left towards where the first aid is
I already use this shortcut extensively ! What I had in mind was if they extend in the direction of the D gates in the area of this corridor, they could open a second entrance to avoid going all the way down.

Originally Posted by tigertanaka View Post
Agree on this. When flying Schengen > UK I use the Schengen Crown Lounge and then go down in the lift to the Schengen border and walk straight to the gate. My flights always go from D6 so not much of a walk.

However, this is not really ideal as the border queues can grow very quickly and it can easily take 10 minutes to get through, even with a EU passport.

The automatic security gates should be helping but only half of these were in operation this afternoon.
Yes I do that as well and I've so far always been lucky. Although if you get stuck they usually try to prioritise the short connection so ... I call that the artificial short connection
I had a few times when I was arriving from the US and then heading to the UK (and v.v.) it's SO frustrating when both flights arrive and leave from the D gates ...
Old Jan 27, 17, 12:48 am

I already use this shortcut extensively ! What I had in mind was if they extend in the direction of the D gates in the area of this corridor, they could open a second entrance to avoid going all the way down.
Well with the new section that was opened few weeks ago they could/should have done that already
Old Jan 27, 17, 8:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Iberia Silver
This is long overdue, but I feel the solution is not a bigger lounge, but more lounges closer to the gates, like in CDG.
In the meantime, KLM bosses could make some quick wins to the current lounge. I'm always amazed by how dreadful and dreary the food selection is. I am sure there are prisons in the Netherlands that serve better food.
Old Jan 27, 17, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by HalconBCN View Post
I am sure there are prisons in the Netherlands that serve better food.
http://www.missethoreca.nl/catering/...teren-10188793
Apparently prisons in the Netherlands are catered by Sodexo. Isn't that the caterer responsible for the Crowne Lounge food?
Old Jan 27, 17, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by HalconBCN View Post
This is long overdue, but I feel the solution is not a bigger lounge, but more lounges closer to the gates, like in CDG.
In the meantime, KLM bosses could make some quick wins to the current lounge. I'm always amazed by how dreadful and dreary the food selection is. I am sure there are prisons in the Netherlands that serve better food.
Spot on Regardless of how fantabidozi the revamped lounge is going to look, the main question remains: will they finally do something about the vile food offering?

G

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: