Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"House of KLM" - Crown Lounge redesign

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
The deck

Upstairs in the lounge now, 1030 am Friday, beautiful day. There is someone putting cushions into the seats! I asked one of the lounge attendants, ‘is it open?’ She told me no, not yet!
So there are cushions for the benches inside the benches. Looks like something needs to go in planters.
Next trip, I hope!
Downstairs seemed crowded but upstairs has some seating.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Has anyone tried dining at the chargeable restaurant since its opening couple of weeks ago? Any reviews?
Old May 4, 2019, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the complete lack of responses indicate that this fancy restaurant is so popular that prospective reviewers have been unable to get a table? Or are they still standing in line?

Johan
Old May 4, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Does the complete lack of responses indicate that this fancy restaurant is so popular that prospective reviewers have been unable to get a table? Or are they still standing in line?

Johan
I seem to recall reading somewhere that it's officially open this upcoming Monday (6 May). I'm going to have a look on Friday but my flight is before noon so I'm unsure if they'll have anything for breakfast.

Last edited by NumbThumb; May 4, 2019 at 7:09 am Reason: Apparently I can't be bothered to look at a calander
Old May 4, 2019, 6:04 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
May 6th it should fully open:
https://www.vcktravel.nl/en/news-en/...e-at-schiphol/

Last month I did come across an early review. Not sure how representative this is of the final offering though. Click on the image to get an overview of all pictures (including menu and prices) - somehow FT screws up the layout.

Old May 9, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Lufthansa Miles & More
I'll be in AMS on Saturday - is the Blue Restaurant actually open yet? Very curious...
Old May 9, 2019, 4:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Is there any date for the opening of the remaining side?
Old May 9, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by powerful pete
I'll be in AMS on Saturday - is the Blue Restaurant actually open yet? Very curious...
Yes it is, but not in it's final form. Most of the restaurant will not change that much any more but the bar will be incorporated into the entire concept. At the moment they are using some spaces within the restaurant to compensate for the lack of a bar and office.
powerful pete likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: FB Plat
Here is the breakfast and lunch menu. Sorry for the crappy pic of the lunch one. It's tempting to try the breakfast for "research purposes" for you all but I'm not hungry enough. I'd definitely try it for lunch or dinner though.

The terrace is open too for those interested.

Old May 10, 2019, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's a pretty steep price for breakfast, especially if you go for a sausage roll, no matter how fancy the condiments.

And what the heck is "gravadlax (sic) of trout"? A lax is a salmon, and a salmon is not a trout. Maybe the chef is a true magician who can transform one fish species into another? If he cannot, they should change the menu to "gravad öring".

Johan
Old May 10, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by johan rebel
That's a pretty steep price for breakfast, especially if you go for a sausage roll, no matter how fancy the condiments.

And what the heck is "gravadlax (sic) of trout"? A lax is a salmon, and a salmon is not a trout. Maybe the chef is a true magician who can transform one fish species into another? If he cannot, they should change the menu to "gravad öring".

Johan
Maybe he uses salmon trout (=zalmforel), but to the general public, the way it is described here is probably the easiest way for most people to understand what it is.
EddieDeguello likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta DM, Lufthansa Miles & More
@NumbThumb thanks for the menu update and for considering to take one for the team!

AMS here I come!
Old May 10, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glennhaak
Maybe he uses salmon trout (=zalmforel)
Nope, because there's no such thing. For all I know he's using Rainbow Trout, but then he should call it that. It's either salmon or trout, it can't be both.

Originally Posted by glennhaak
the way it is described here is probably the easiest way for most people to understand what it is.
What's wrong with "gravad trout"? It might even correctly describe the dish.

The easiest way for people to understand would be to use plain English: dry-cured salmon/trout/whatever.

In any case, I wouldn't fork out €17 for gravad anything, unless I was 100% sure the fish was not farmed.

Johan
Old May 11, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
€39.50 for a grilled cheese sandwich. That's pretty rich...
Old May 11, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
€39.50 for a grilled cheese sandwich. That's pretty rich...
But hey, you can get a crusty Swede for only €19.-- ! That's a steal, regardless of sex.

(I suspect that most Swedes haven't the faintest idea what a Swede is, and that Americans are just as clueless).

Johan
Giantlonglegs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.