Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"House of KLM" - Crown Lounge redesign

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I dunno. What else should they be doing?
I'm pretty confident that most will manage to think of something. Although some will probably have to make an effort.

To the best of my knowledge, boredom did not kill all that many people in the days before cell phones and wifi.

Johan
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by johan rebel
To the best of my knowledge, boredom did not kill all that many people in the days before cell phones and wifi.

Johan
Well, at least that's something I agree with.

Otherwise, from what I can see on the photo's, this is actually a lovely looking modern lounge. It seems to have lots of different zones for lots of different tastes, but still not everyone can be pleased obviously
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zembla
but still not everyone can be pleased obviously
I have nothing whatsoever against the new lounge. It can only be an improvement on the current one, and looks pretty cool.

I shall, however, withhold final judgment until I have set foot in the lounge. As a Privium member I of course have no reason to do so, apart from idle curiosity.

Johan
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I'm pretty confident that most will manage to think of something. Although some will probably have to make an effort.

Johan
Prolly all sticking their nose in some sort of a paper-based medium. Or maybe watching TV if there were any.
I fail to see what the big difference is.
Boturham likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I fail to see what the big difference is.
Mindless addiction.

Johan
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum
And this is bothering you because?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I'm sorry... I don't remember on the outside area if there were/weren't smoking signs.

Charging -- There seems to be a fair amount of places to charge, but also lots of places that don't have it. They definitely could have done better. And for a USA person that always forgets to bring my plug converter all the power outlets are euro only... it would be nice if they were the multi-type. (Yes... I know my own fault thinking the rest of the world should have USA-style outlets )
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bworrell
They definitely could have done better. And for a USA person that always forgets to bring my plug converter all the power outlets are euro only... it would be nice if they were the multi-type. (Yes... I know my own fault thinking the rest of the world should have USA-style outlets )
I've seen lounges with international plugs, so it's not a crazy request. It would have made sense to install some of these.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I am underwhelmed so far, but I guess seeing is believing. It's hard to judge until the whole thing is up and running.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boturham
And this is bothering you because?
It doesn't bother me at all.

It is a phenomenon I cannot fail to notice because it has become ubiquitous and universal. I view it with a mixture of mirth and amazement.

Johan
Crismyth likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I work in the lounge. That's probably me being on a phone, my laptop or both. I make apps and run a design company. I fail to see how that matters in the slightest and I find the relationship to the topic at hand dubious at best, so perhaps we can continue talking about the actual lounge and not what people hypothetically are or aren't doing with electronics in it?
Xizm, Fabo.sk and Boturham like this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caliform
That's probably me being on a phone, my laptop or both. I make apps
And all the others are the ones who keep you in business!

Johan
caliform likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue
What was wrong with the old lounge (except the size at rush hour and the food and drink choices). So they have a hipster lounge now... but the food is the same and the drinks are the same. But now you have to wait long for it as you are not allowed to get your own drinks anymore.
L
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: FB
I went through the new lounge last Saturday morning about 10.45. It was so full that people were sitting on the floor next to their friends/family. I made one circuit and left, it was just too busy.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jambochris
It was so full that people were sitting on the floor next to their friends/family.
It's simply amazing what people will put up with just because the don't want to miss out on a "free" perk.

Even though AMS has grown way beyond its capacity, it is generally not that difficult to find somewhere to sit in the public areas. OK, so you will have to pay (inflated) prices for F&B, but so what? Even at McDonald's the quality is several notches above the Crown Lounge gloop.

Johan
Zembla and Goldorak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.