Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"House of KLM" - Crown Lounge redesign

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
True. Let's try to see the glace half full: it could be worst!

It's interesting how despite they belong to the same group, KLM & AF have different strength. What if KLM teaches AF the reliability and how to be on time while AF teaches some cuisine to KLM ?
FlyingBlonde89 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
This is long overdue, but I feel the solution is not a bigger lounge, but more lounges closer to the gates.
They used to have one at D pier - near the intersection where you turn left or right. (Anyone else been around long enough to remember it?)
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

My goodness, my architectural sensitivities are under attack...

https://thedesignair.net/2017/01/26/...e-at-schiphol/
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
My goodness, my architectural sensitivities are under attack...

https://thedesignair.net/2017/01/26/...e-at-schiphol/
It's a good thing we mostly see it from the inside
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
That's actually kind of cute? And this will make for great plane spotting! I hope at some point they'll go the JFK Skyclub way and also add a lil' roof deck, that'd be fantastic.
FlyingBlonde89 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Is it just me or does that look like a more central entrance ?
The terrace seems to be in the books, check the link caliform
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by Mirk
Is it just me or does that look like a more central entrance ?
The terrace seems to be in the books, check the link caliform
Wow, how did I miss this!

[...] building an outdoor terrace all based on a new interior design.
That's spectacular! And done by 2019? Color me a bit pessimistic, but great news regardless. Much, much needed.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
will they finally do something about the vile food offering?

G
Probably offering way overpriced 'meals' as choice-and-control option.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pepe C
[url]Apparently prisons in the Netherlands are catered by Sodexo. Isn't that the caterer responsible for the Crowne Lounge food?
Yep!

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
They used to have one at D pier - near the intersection where you turn left or right. (Anyone else been around long enough to remember it?)
Yes, that was one of two RoyalWing (i.e. top tier) lounges. I also remember the Chocomel.

Johan
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just a verbal update based on what I saw at the KLM Open on this new lounge. At the FB VIP Lounge at the KLM Open this year, they had an area where they were proudly showing off the interior design of the lounge on a TV screen and there was a model of the lounge and how it fits into the terminal.
Looking at the photos depicting the interior, it did not look too bad - there was nice ample lounge/seating areas and a some nice proper dining area.
The design and layout of the lounge looked rather good and nicely spread out without looking too packed in even if I imagine when the lounge gets packed.

Anyway, first impression based on those photos gives a good feeling of what is coming.

Cheers!

btw: Was rather impressed with the lounge and what was offered at the KLM Open - my first even though I've been getting the invitation since the last few years. Too bad weather was not the best to enjoy watching outside. Hopefully next year will be able to visit it again.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Appreciate the update. Hope we get to see it sometime.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
I believe a very small part of the new lounge (in the corner terminal/pier) is already in use.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
Originally Posted by Terbang
I believe a very small part of the new lounge (in the corner terminal/pier) is already in use.
I sure hope it's just temporary space and not a part of a new lounge .
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: KLM
Schengen lounge access

Is it possible when travelling OTP - AMS - LAX to go to lounge 25 instead of 52 while in AMS? We have almost a 4h layover in AMS in the peak time and in lounge 52 seems like they don't allow FB Gold to bring in guests right now.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Alex Bejan
Is it possible when travelling OTP - AMS - LAX to go to lounge 25 instead of 52 while in AMS? We have almost a 4h layover in AMS in the peak time and in lounge 52 seems like they don't allow FB Gold to bring in guests right now.
Yes, but you must have the right to enter Schengen/the Netherlands; you will have to pass through passport control to enter (and again afterwards, to leave) the Schengen area (which these days may be possible via one of the passport gates); if you or your travelling companion(s) don't have the necessary visa or passport then you should remain in the non-Schengen part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.